X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AranM0n3y88
    • Oct 2016

Raggie

I have Raggie 3000 watt pure sine wave inverter
    I have ppl telling me to buy a 1000 watt inverter to use it doing the night time cuz the one I have is too big and the fan is big mean it take more power
    Should I buy a 1000 watt inverter to use in the night time or no they all the same?
  • SunEagle
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

The bigger the inverter wattage the higher the amount of watt-hours burned due to system losses.

Most inverters have a "no-load" wattage value that is a % of the total watts. That means even if you have no load plugged in you will continue to drain your battery.

A smaller inverter usually calculates out to a lower % wattage wasted.

Comment

• Logan5
      Solar Fanatic
      • Feb 2013

what are running on inverter? Many appliances can be purchased that run native on DC voltage, mostly 12 and 19 volts. You can save big money on heavy expensive batteries by replacing appliances and running an inverterless 24v system.

Comment

• AranM0n3y88
        • Oct 2016

Thank you
        I run almost everything you name it I run it until 3pm that when I turn it off so I can use it doing night time
        Which is better having a 24v system or a 12v system?
        Am thinking of buying two new battery's and putting it on a parallel system. Or having a series System better then parallel
        I want more power that's my goal..to use more
        P.s. Thank you

Comment

• Mike90250
          • May 2009

Which is better having a 24v system or a 12v system?
          What's better, a car or a truck ?

The larger your loads, the higher voltage systems (24v, 48v) perform better.
          Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
          || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
          || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
          gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• AranM0n3y88
            • Oct 2016

Lolz ok thank mike
            But I think my solar are 18volt which mean a 12volt system right? Can I use same solar for a 24volt system ? I have ppl telling me the wrong info I guess

Comment

• Logan5
              Logan5 commented
              Editing a comment
              12v is a box many people are stuck in, because they have their "magic box", inverter that they are attached to, Until they learn a 12v inverter system is very limited and for the most part JUNK for off grid living and or quality off grid systems. In general running a 12v system is more expensive than 24v and has much less usable power. With your simi quality MPPT CC you can wire your panels in series and easily upgrade to 24v, you will need a new inverter and a step down converter for your 12 and 19v loads. If you shop around you can obtain appliances that run directly from the battery bank eliminating the need for an inverter all together.
              Last edited by Logan5; 10-20-2016, 12:24 PM.
          • AranM0n3y88
            • Oct 2016

Hey mike my mppt info
            Model: tracer 4024
            Voltage: 12/24v
            Current:40A
            Max. Pv voltage :100V
            Max. Pv input power: 520W(12v),1040W(24)

Now my ? Is it says the max pv voltage is 100V but I only see 15-20Volt on my mppt
            Or it means something else?

Comment

• Mike90250
              • May 2009

Originally posted by AranM0n3y88
              ...Now my ? Is it says the max pv voltage is 100V but I only see 15-20Volt on my mppt
              Or it means something else?
              Measure the voltage of the PV panels without connecting them to the charger.
              connected to the charger, it will use the power of the panels and lower the voltage you measure.

if you are measuring 15V at the input of the charger you have a counterfeit charger that is NOT mppt

What are your solar panels -
              How many
              Wired series or parallel
              Voc:____
              Vmp:____

Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
              || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
              || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
              gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• AranM0n3y88
                • Oct 2016

I took my mppt back to them and got my money back ..

2 riggie and 3 Dubai

I have 500 watt (100each)

Right now am using parallel but when I buy a new mppt I would use series wired

Voc: riggie ( 21.5v ). Dubai ( 22.4v)

Vmp: riggie (17.5 v). Dubai (18.4 v)

Can u gave me the best mppt to buy? Right now am lost too many but idk if they gave u want it says n idk if is mppt or not
                Thx

Am thinking of buying ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EPsolar-eTra...4AAOSw9r1WAQJa

Or

What you think
                Last edited by AranM0n3y88; 10-21-2016, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Working...