Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is min. PV Power ( Watts) that is needed fire up a Xantrex GT 3.0 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is min. PV Power ( Watts) that is needed fire up a Xantrex GT 3.0 ??

Have Xantrex GT3.0 with about 1Kw of VP Panel ( later I well add more) well it work ( start ) with lower Power of PV Panels.. I know SMA and Sharp JH-3500 handle the low power just fine, some times only put out about 300 W,,~~the Xantrex come out with error msg "Insufficient Solar Energy"..~~ I don't know if it a faulty inv. or just not designed to start with low of a power input ???,,,~~ Yes, I know it may be size wrong but I got the inv. at good price and don't have $$$ to get more panels ~~~~ any one have any used ,, rebuild-able Panels ???

Looking for sparks in all the wrong places ~~~~

Originally posted by Sparkskard View Post
    Have Xantrex GT3.0 with about 1Kw of VP Panel ( later I well add more) well it work ( start ) with lower Power of PV Panels.. I know SMA and Sharp JH-3500 handle the low power just fine, some times only put out about 300 W,,~~the Xantrex come out with error msg "Insufficient Solar Energy"..~~ I don't know if it a faulty inv. or just not designed to start with low of a power input ???,,,~~ Yes, I know it may be size wrong but I got the inv. at good price and don't have $$$ to get more panels ~~~~ any one have any used ,, rebuild-able Panels ???

Looking for sparks in all the wrong places ~~~~
    I downloaded the O&M manual and did not see an error msg "Insufficient Solar Energy" but there is a Sleep State called "Insufficient PV Voltage" which keeps the inverter in sleep mode.

I did see a "Bus Under Voltage" fault code which is looking at the DC voltage level from the panels.

I also saw that the default setting for the Wakeup Voltage was 300VDC but can be lowered to 180VDC.

Maybe check what yours is set for.

Comment

I think SunEagle is pointing you in the correct direction. I had a GT5 at the last house. It would wake up and run just fine while producing just a few hundred watts on a cloudy / rainy day. What voltage are your panels? and how do you have them wired?

Comment

Wrong question. You must meet minimum/maximum voltage requirement, and stay under maximum power input.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

I had a GT3.8 and it would producing power at about 50 watts, but you have to meet it's input voltage spec.
          Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
          || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
          || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
          gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Working...
          X