Might have found a way to make it worth it in TX

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Photonfanatic
    • Jun 2013

As a mod I know you feel some obligation to defend the existence of the forum you're moderating. Or you didn't read most of the thread.

Comment

• russ
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Photonfanatic
      As a mod I know you feel some obligation to defend the existence of the forum you're moderating. Or you didn't read most of the thread.
      I have read the lot - as I do with all threads - funny! Complaints against the utilities, generators etc are generally made by people having no idea. Corruption often means people are not getting things to go their way.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Naptown
        Solar Fanatic
        • Feb 2011

Well, I've learned a lot from this thread. Mainly, that electricity is subject to such corruption, and good ol boy politics that it really doesn't matter what you do. If you live in a state with good net metering laws, its likely that state is in such dire straits when it comes to power that in the long run it may not matter anyway. If you live in a state with bad net metering laws, you're much better off just trying to conserve and buying it from the man. Guess I won't be going solar, and have no reason to return to this forum. Consider this my last post. See ya!
        If you don't like the laws of your chosen state it comes down to two options. Well three actually
        1 work to change them
        2 move to another state where the laws are in line with your thinking.
        3 do nothing but complain about it.
        NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

[URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

[URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

[URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

Comment

• russ
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Naptown
          If you don't like the laws of your chosen state it comes down to two options. Well three actually
          1 work to change them
          2 move to another state where the laws are in line with your thinking.
          3 do nothing but complain about it.
          Just complaining and making false statements seems to be the preferred route.

I don't love the utilities, government or anyone else in that group as in many cases they are only following established policy - just keep it real and don't repeat silly statements from either extreme.

Blaming utilities, big oil, big pharma, big ag etc is just a waste of hot air.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• green
            Solar Fanatic
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by russ
            Just complaining and making false statements seems to be the preferred route.

I don't love the utilities, government or anyone else in that group as in many cases they are only following established policy - just keep it real and don't repeat silly statements from either extreme.

Blaming utilities, big oil, big pharma, big ag etc is just a waste of hot air.
            Russ... the longer I hang out here the more I realize how much I actually agree with you. When I first came here, you and I definitely did not see eye to eye. It just makes me laugh to think how ignorant and stubborn I was. I have learned quite a bit since joining this forum, and I appreciate everything that all of you have taught me.

I just wish everyone that visited this forum would do it with open ears and minds and realize they are being told the truth by people that know what they are talking about.

Comment

• SunEagle
              Super Moderator
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by green
              Russ... the longer I hang out here the more I realize how much I actually agree with you. When I first came here, you and I definitely did not see eye to eye. It just makes me laugh to think how ignorant and stubborn I was. I have learned quite a bit since joining this forum, and I appreciate everything that all of you have taught me.

I just wish everyone that visited this forum would do it with open ears and minds and realize they are being told the truth by people that know what they are talking about.
              green

I too didn't quite agree with russ in the beginning but have found out that he and Sunking, Naptown, inetdog, Mike and others are the experts and that they bring the real knowledge of solar to this forum. Glad you now see the light like me.

Comment

• Photonfanatic
                • Jun 2013

Originally posted by russ
                I have read the lot - as I do with all threads - funny! Complaints against the utilities, generators etc are generally made by people having no idea. Corruption often means people are not getting things to go their way.
                Well I'm all ears. I'll be happy to listen to what you have to say then, regarding how to make it worth it in TX. Which of course was the point of this thread. I'm not closed minded, I'll certainly listen. But from reading this thread, I'm not optimistic.

Comment

• russ
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Jul 2009

Well I'm all ears. I'll be happy to listen to what you have to say then, regarding how to make it worth it in TX. Which of course was the point of this thread. I'm not closed minded, I'll certainly listen. But from reading this thread, I'm not optimistic.
                  Some places solar works and some places no - outside of Austin, Texas is not a state for solar due to low power costs and the state not handing out free money. California has high power costs so it is more attractive.

It has nothing to do with bad companies or people denying anything - it has to do with economics.
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• AirWindSolar
                    • Sep 2012

Well I'm all ears. I'll be happy to listen to what you have to say then, regarding how to make it worth it in TX.
                    Ok, so who's delivering the power to your home and maintaining the lines? It's not Green Mountain, and some of the delivery providers have great incentives.

Comment

• Photonfanatic
                      • Jun 2013

I have Oncor, and TXU. Oncor seems like a bit of a joke, half the time they route your call to china. A tree fell on my power lines and was RESTING on the lines, and they wouldn't come fix it. They said it was the city's problem, the city said it was their problem. Ended up having to pay a tree service $400 to get rid of it.

Comment

• AirWindSolar
                        • Sep 2012

I have Oncor, and TXU. Oncor seems like a bit of a joke, half the time they route your call to china. A tree fell on my power lines and was RESTING on the lines, and they wouldn't come fix it. They said it was the city's problem, the city said it was their problem. Ended up having to pay a tree service $400 to get rid of it.
                        As far as getting the incentive from Oncor, don't worry about it; assign it to your installer. Any good installer already knows exactly who to pester to get the money, and at any rate, it's not your problem anymore.

Comment

Working...