Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solar water heating and solar PV hybrid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here it is BEMC. They buy the power from Duke and play middle man but they are a good group of people from the service I have had over the past 20 years. Paul, I did find out BEMC does have a CHARGE FOR SOLAR ... but its not terrible, yet it still adds up. They charge a $5.00 equipment fee for the Net Meter. Phew ... I was so worried it was going to be like $30 or more. Well at least for now its $5.00 (it probably has a bunch of federal, state, local taxes and more hidden fees like punishment for going green and not lining the congress delegates pockets with oil paid tips and trips). Kinda like Pharma around here (ok time to shut up) ... well ... err ... no. Here I go: My wife is from Peru (doesn't look like it though) and I go there to get blood pressure medicine from Schering and Plough pharmaceuticals. For example, in the US the same meds Made In The USA cost $100.00, yet there I can go on a Monday, meet the rep and she gives me a buy one get one free equivalent for $30.00. Thats $200 worth of medication for $30 and it comes from the same US manufacturer.... What the .....

Comment

Regarding "...
      BEMC does have a CHARGE FOR SOLAR..." if you look closer at your bill, I think you'll realize that you may not be paying that much overall. At least on the three phase service from BEMC which we have in Columbus county, the REPS (Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard) charge is actually a credit. On your bill, see if the REPS is a charge or a credit... and if a credit, thank the people at BEMC for running their coop (which you and I are members of) like it is supposed to be run.

Comment

Working...
      X