X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PugPower
    Solar Fanatic
    • Oct 2019

That is correct. All my fixed and non-bypassable charges are currently taken care of at true-up, with a credit leftover which turns into peanuts after being converted to wholesale pricing.

Comment

• jflorey2
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Ampster
      I am surprised you don't have a small minimum fixed charge even with NEM 2.0. For sure you will have Non Bypassable Charges which may be reduced at True Up.
      Yep. Last year we had fixed charges that added up to about $6 a month.

Comment

• RichardCullip
        Solar Fanatic
        • Oct 2019

Like PugPower, I went solar in San Diego County in 2019 and have yet to pay SDG&E a penny for electricity. After the last true in April I have a $37 or so credit carried over to start of this next true up cycle. The California Climate Credit (paid three times this past true up period) combined with a small excess generation payout led to a credit at the end of the 12 month billing cycle.

Comment

• Reid1boys
          • Dec 2021

Originally posted by PugPower
          I went solar in San Diego in 2019 on NEM 2.0 and haven't paid a penny to the POCO since. I feel like this proposed plan is a kick in the teeth. I wonder if I will be able to offset the monthly charge with my over-generation, like I currently do with non bypass-able charges under NEM 2.0. Though it would be more difficult with lower kWh rates. Also in regards to the CARE program under SDGE, it is my understanding and experience that SDGE asks the customer to state their income and then may ask the customer to provide verification if necessary. To the best of my knowledge the POCO do not have the ability to check incomes on their own. While on that subject... what is considered a "Household" under their proposed plan? I live with someone, we are not married and do not co-mingle our finances. I own the home and pay all the bills even though my partner works. In my book that is a household of one.
          the details have not been finalized. Household income is likely to mean just that.... same address on tax return... one household.
          Also, income verification process is yet to be figure out yet... hopefully the blowback from this is going to be so huge it will never come to fruition. Also, not a chance of you offsetting the set fee.

Comment

• Ampster
            Solar Fanatic
            • Jun 2017

Originally posted by jflorey2
            Yep. Last year we had fixed charges that added up to about $6 a month.
            My fixed charges are about $10 per month and paid monthly except when I get climate credit. I am actually a Net consumer of one mWh but have a small dollar credit balance which washes out the Net consumption. I am not clear what happens to the NBCs but I recall they were offset by dollar credit balance.
            9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Working...