X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by gfsch

If I am missing something, pls tell me. If you are implying that I don't know the PUC and PPL rules very well, I will agree; but the rules are changing constantly and I did go to the utility several times before I came here.
    That's pretty much what I'm implying, so it looks like we agree, as confirmed (it would look to me) by the first sentence of your first post.

You can take all the offense you want, but I'd suggest if you don't like what you get in the way of response to requests for comment, be careful what you ask for.

You asked for suggestions. I offered a couple. Another: If you're relying on conversations w/the POCO, do a deep dive into POCO regs. and tariffs. That mostly worked well or at least allowed me to ask more informed questions when I talked to the POCO.

I appreciate, probably more than most, that dealing with POCO rules, policies and tariffs is about as much fun as having root canal work done by going through the rectum without the benefit of drugs or sedation. And yes, constant changes are a fact of life in utility regulations. I learned to deal with them.

BTW, not everyone who tells you things you may not like is out to hurt you.

Take what of the above. Scrap the rest.

Comment

• DanS26
      Solar Fanatic
      • Dec 2011

Greg.....the real decision you have is not whether to shut down your array for three months which by the way is just throwing a breaker or switch.

The real decision you have is to pick the right rate plan from whomever is providing power to you. That means understanding your distributed generation contract and staying on top of the POCO rate schedules and rules.

I suspect you cannot change your rate plan willy-nilly throughout the year, thus you have to pick a plan and stay with it for its duration to gain the maximum benefit. That means making a long term decision that is not totally based on short term adverse effects ie winter low production.

It's going to be stretch for me to visualize a plan that does not involve net metering to be a greater benefit. IMO you should put pencil to paper and find the plan with the greatest long term benefit. My bet is on the net metering plan. Yes you pay more in the winter but the total year it's much better.

Comment

Working...