X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor SolarEdge Monitoring Performance

My SolarEdge inverter (located outside) has been directly connected to my home LAN via an ethernet cable since 2018. That way I can monitor my SOLAR power output inside the house directly with my laptop - or so I thought.
    I was getting output updates every 30-45 minutes.
    But two months ago the SolarEdge monitoring "App" updating speed slowed down to intervals of 3 hours or much longer, which is unacceptable.
    Further, I was expecting to be able to read the "power output" in real time on my laptop (and all other parameters) like you can on the inverter panel.
    That never happened - and SolarEdge tech support said that's not possible.
    The very long delay between power output updates is identical on my cell phone app.
    Are you fellow SolarEdge inverter customers experiencing the same poor performance as I am?
    And why can't I read "instantaneous" power output from the inverter on my laptop, which is ethernet-connected to the inverter?
    Thanks in advance for your replies.

I am not seeing the monitoring App output update delays that you are experiencing. I don't know how to get data directly from my SolarEdge Inverter. However, I can currently get data updated every 15mins using the SolarEdge API. The data comes from the SolarEdge servers not directly form the inverter. Likewise the SolarEdge App on my iPhone is updating in a similar timely manner.

Comment

Richard Cullup:

Thanks for your reply.
      As I reply to you, the last update on my system monitoring platform was 2 hours, 20 minutes ago (I refreshed the dashboard display to ensure I'm viewing the latest update).
      That's Poor update timing.
      I'm using the "SolarEdge Monitoring Platform" on my laptop and cell (since Jan2018).
      Is that the same as the SolarEdge API you referenced?
      I'm located in Maryland (North East area).
      What state is your system located?
      Maybe somehow your location gets better service than my location.

Would be great to hear back from you.

Best Regards,
      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Navy Vet View Post
        Richard Cullup:

Thanks for your reply.
        As I reply to you, the last update on my system monitoring platform was 2 hours, 20 minutes ago (I refreshed the dashboard display to ensure I'm viewing the latest update).
        That's Poor update timing.
        I'm using the "SolarEdge Monitoring Platform" on my laptop and cell (since Jan2018).
        Is that the same as the SolarEdge API you referenced?
        I'm located in Maryland (North East area).
        What state is your system located?
        Maybe somehow your location gets better service than my location.

Would be great to hear back from you.

Best Regards,
        Steve
        My system is in Poway, Calif. It's been online since early 2019. I use the SolarEdge app on my iPhone most every day as a quick look picture of how my system is performing. I believe that is accessing the same data that is available on the laptop/desktop version of the app. I also have created an Excel spreadsheet that uses the SolarEdge API to download hourly data at the end of each solar day. I do this to parse out the solar production into the three time-of-use buckets that SDG&E bills me for. The SolarEdge API accesses the same data that the iPhone and computer apps do but the API allows me to download data at different timescales. If desires the API can get you access to solar performance down to 15min intervals. I normally grab the data in hourly intervals. The API takes some programming effort to use. I used Excel VBA since that the programming environment I'm most familiar with.

I usually have very good and timely access to the performance data but once in a blue moon the data takes a few hours to update.

Comment

Working...
        X