X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking back through my email, yes, I believe it did give me access to the Admin tab. At the time, I didn't know there was an Admin tab, nor API key.

But the Admin tab also let's you do other nice things like:

1) upload a picture of your home
    2) create public and Kiosk web view urls -- for friends, family, co-workers
    3) adjust your revenue rate (aka the price conversion from kWh to $$)

-Jonathan
    https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=58372

On Jul 8, 2017, at 12:06 PM, Jonathan wrote:

Hi Tim and Mike,

Just checking in. Everything seems to be running well -- aside from all of the rain and cloudy weather we've been having (-:

A few things:

1) I was hoping you might be able to change my user (Owner's) role in the SolarEdge Monitoring portal from "Dashboard & Layout" to "Full Access". This will give me access to the Charting and Reporting tabs which I cannot see right now with my current privileges. I still won't be able to accidentally change anything (which is good) since I'm setup with an "Owner's account" versus an "Installer's account".

On Jul 8, 2017, at 2:00 PM, Tim DeSevo wrote:

Hey Jonathan,

No problem we will give you full access!
    Last edited by JSchnee21; 08-02-2019, 01:15 PM.

Comment

There isn't an "Admin" access level. What you want is a Role of "Full Access" and check "Site Owner" box.

OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Ha Ha macaddict ,

I'm getting close to over taking you on PVLadder! Only 40kWh to go -- 25.602MWh vs 25.562MWh. Which, based on the delta of our average production will likely take 120 more days

One of these years I'll cut them damn trees down and really crank things up (-:

-Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by sunpoweredev View Post

Thanks in advance for any input.

8/1 production (the huge spike from around 6PM is when I plugged in the car to charge):
          8-1-production.JPG
          I think the point your missing is the consumption is what you used from the grid. You've exported more than you've used. You need to basically take your production and subtract consumption. From this graph you're like +10 so youd have 10kwh credits from the electric company.

Comment

Originally posted by Markyrocks69 View Post

I think the point your missing is the consumption is what you used from the grid. You've exported more than you've used. You need to basically take your production and subtract consumption. From this graph you're like +10 so youd have 10kwh credits from the electric company.
            actually this graph and solaredge consumption monitoring in general show actual consumption.
            If you look closely at the bar graph it shows total consumption of 61.17kWh as well as self consumption of 15.63kWh, and grid consumption of 45.54kWh. The last one is what is imported form the grid.

Comment

Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post

actually this graph and solaredge consumption monitoring in general show actual consumption.
              If you look closely at the bar graph it shows total consumption of 61.17kWh as well as self consumption of 15.63kWh, and grid consumption of 45.54kWh. The last one is what is imported form the grid.
              The OP was not making the connection that eventhough hes exported more than hes consumption that is still says hes imported so much and his consumption is high. Just bc you've exported x amount import y is still going to be counted as consumption whether you exported it or not. In a basis on what he can expect on the electric rn he should be +10 based on these numbers. Hes produced more than hes consumed

Comment

The OP was not making the connection that eventhough hes exported more than hes consumption that is still says hes imported so much and his consumption is high. Just bc you've exported x amount import y is still going to be counted as consumption whether you exported it or not. In a basis on what he can expect on the electric rn he should be +10 based on these numbers. Hes produced more than hes consumed
                I took a reading of the utility meter this morning. Itron C1SD meter. Code 04 (import from the grid) was at 190kWh, and code 40 (export to the grid) was at 140kWh. Therefore, if I'm understanding this correctly, I've used 50kWh from the grid.

This might be a dumb question here. The utility meter, the kWh of power I consumed from the PV system, does that get read into code 04?

I know I'm definitely jumping the gun here, being that the system just went live this past Monday. I will give it at least another full month before I further look into it.

Thanks guys.

BTW, I also have a dedicated production meter by the inverter. That meter turned off for some reason when the system went live. They will come replace it later today. It will really drive me insane when I have 3 sets of numbers that don't match lol.
                https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=69875

Comment

Originally posted by JSchnee21 View Post
                  Let me look back through my email and see. Yes, you definitely want access to the Admin tab so you can manage your API key for PVOutput, etc.

Re: Time of Day charging, if your car is charged outside, there are other advantages to setting the charge to complete right before you leave.
                  They just gave me full access. Now I can access the admin tab, in addition to dashboard/layout/charts/reports/alerts. Thanks!

Comment

What you self consume shouldn't be read at the main utility meter. It sounds like based on your numbers you only produced for 2 days but 3 days worth of imports roughly.

Comment

yes I get that but you miss stated that his "consumption" was just his grid import. As measured from his consumption meter it is actually OPs consumption as measured.
                      Your calculation was to get the NET not the consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by sunpoweredev View Post

Since the net meter was installed and the PV system going online on 7/29, it currently shows my export (code 40 on the Itron C1SD meter) at 124kWh, and import (code 04) is 190kWh, therefore I used 66kWh from the grid. Meanwhile, the bar graph from Solar Edge since 7/29, if I subtract the roughly 100kWh of consumption before the system coming online, my consumption is at around 207kWh with a production of 211kWh. Shouldn't I be at a surplus of 4kWh, rather than having consumed 66kWh from the grid?
                        My post was in response to this I guess I should have made it more clear. In his statement/question hes asking why the graph is saying hes consumed 66kwh from the grid verses a net. I answered bc what comes in is counted as consumption no matter how much was exported. To find the net (which would be a handy piece of data on the graphs ect) is the export production minus the import.

Comment

So it's been two weeks since my system turned on. Lifetime production is at 924kWh. Interesting that this month's production is at 1.04MWh, more than the lifetime lol. Any ideas why that is? Actually this is less than 2 weeks worth since I didn't include 7/29 to 7/31.

Per the consumption meter, I've consumed 458.69kWh while the system produced 750.42kWh, so I should be at a surplus of 292kWh. As of this morning, my utility meter read 556kWh consumed and 632kWh exported, giving me a surplus of 76kWh. Nowhere near what the SolarEdge reporting is telling me. I know I need to see a full months' worth of production before jumping to conclusion.

I'm glad to have this consumption data, gives me more things to OCD over

Very close to my first SREC

august.JPG
                          Attached Files

Comment

sunpoweredev Well 1-month in now...how the GPE system doing?

Add your PVoutput link to your signature if you get a minute so we can follow along.
                            12.35 kW - https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=67749

Comment

Originally posted by NJturtlePower View Post
                              sunpoweredev Well 1-month in now...how the GPE system doing?

Add your PVoutput link to your signature if you get a minute so we can follow along.
                              System performing quite well. Highest output I've seen in a day was on 8/10 with nearly 76kWh. Prettiest output graph was Monday this week, nearly no clouds (according to the graph) giving the smoothest looking graph yet, and generated 71kWh. The lowest was on 8/7 with 25kWh. I'm quite surprised at the production even on a fully cloudy day. I love having the data provided by the consumption meter.

Weather has been great lately and the AC hasn't run, and we're at nearly 200kWh surplus according to the utility meter, so next month's bill will just be the $2.78 customer charge

31 days since PTO, and energy produced per the inverter is at 1.7MWh. Might reach 2MWh this weekend We received our NJ certification on the system last week, were approved for the PJM-EIS GATS account earlier this week, so GPE is pretty much done, other than for someone to come formally show me how to operate the system and install the critter guards. Which reminds me, I haven't gotten to finish submitting the web form yet on our system in PJM-EIS, and much reading still needs to be done about SRECs trading. I will look into pvoutput later on once I have a handle on the PJM-EIS stuff.
                              output1.JPGoutput2.JPG

Comment

My PJM-EIS GATS account is now complete and active, and I've just reported my July and August production. Next is to choose an exchange to sell my SRECs. To you NJ guys here, which service do you use?

I was merely asking about their SREC trade service, but I was informed that GPE no longer handles SREC trades. An email I received from Kathryn recommends NJSREC, flettexchange, or srectrade. She said srectrade charges 7% on each SREC. Does that not sound a bit steep, or is it the norm?

Comment

Working...
                                X