X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lwcredneck
    replied
    I agree

None of the ebooks go into enough detail to truly explain the cost and equipment needed to implement an alternative energy source.

And I also agree that it is misleading to say you can do it for under $200.
    More like $1500 to start with some basic solar panels, an decent inverter blocking diodes.

I have however found a place to see all the "Top Ebooks" in one place. For anyone who just can't resist checking some of these books out you can pay a small monthly fee and access them all. just cancel your subscription after the first month. Why pay $40 for each one when you can read them all in a month?

It offers a forum for members but you can get that here for free.
    Spam link edited by Russ - a fancy way to get to the same spam

This is an affiliate link, but will answer a lot of question's about these diy energy scams
    Last edited by russ; 09-12-2010, 01:02 PM. Reason: spam link edited

Leave a comment:

• Mike90250
    replied
    Originally posted by GESolar
    E 4 E was bar far the best DIY solar and wind energy guide that I came across while research the best do-it-yourself systems on the market. However, while E 4 E gets my highest mark, you should still expect to spend a good day or two planning, shopping for, and assembling all the different parts that this particular system calls
    E4E, for anybody with any solar background, is a "questionable" venture. I don't know if you are sock-puppeting for for them, or just very new into solar. If you spent your $50, with them already, sorry, otherwise hang here for a while and learn what they sell, for free, and better ideas.

Leave a comment:

• GESolar
    replied
    Earth-For-Energy was bar far the best DIY solar and wind energy guide that I came across while research the best do-it-yourself systems on the market. However, while E-4-E gets my highest mark, you should still expect to spend a good day or two planning, shopping for, and assembling all the different parts that this particular system calls for.
    Last edited by Mike90250; 08-30-2010, 01:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sunking
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike90250
    Such a deal for shipping, can I get express overnight email delivery ?
    Certainly for an additional $5

Leave a comment:

• Mike90250
    replied
    Send me a check for $89 plus $6 for shipping to
    Such a deal for shipping, can I get express overnight email delivery ?

Leave a comment:

• Sunking
    replied
    Hey guys I got a deal for you. I will sell you a book to tell you everything you need to know and a comprehensive part list to convert your car to run off water. It is called H2O-4-Gasoline. Send me a check for $89 plus $6 for shipping to:

Dewey, Cheatum, & Howe
    69 Ben Dover Road,
    Bugtussle OK. 74501

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Me and my wife bought one of those advertised e-books a few years ago. It cost $30 and was supposed to be a complete guide of fresh new ideas which was tried and true by solar and wind power inventors. We took the hook and paid the money and received 4-5 PDF files of ideas which were probably "new" back in the 1970-80's.
    I didn't know much of anything at all about solar/wind at the time and it was interesting to read through. Once my interest was sparked I began researching around the web to find most of everything outlined in the PDF's in a single evening.

One of their plans sparked my interest. It was for a wind generator made from a modified car alternator. The armature replaced with a permanent magnet type, fin and blades made out of PVC pipe. It was very exciting to read, turning some creative and imaginary visions of a few turbines recharging batteries around my property.

But I'm glad I didn't pursue the project because my entire area is rated next to nothing for wind power. The PDF's made no mention of that, I had to look for it on my own. (They were supposed to be a complete guide) I hope to retire in 10-15 years to the Philippines on the coast or mountainside. A wind generator would make more sense there.

I could have donated that $30 to a local church or food bank and felt better about it.

Leave a comment:

• russ
    replied
    Another conspiracy! Surpressed by the big companies they claim.

More than likely the only thing holding shysters like this are jail cells for they are nothing more than thieves when they try to sell such junk.

Leave a comment:

• MarineLiner
    replied
    Free Energy Generator

A Zero point magnetic power generator is basically a Free Energy Generator.
    It uses magnets, and magnetic force to induce perpetual motion.

It runs by itself, indefinitely without stopping, thus creating completely free electrical energy, which can fully power your home for free .
    A Perpetual motion device refers to a machine that runs perpetually i. e. indefinitely, and produces a larger amount of energy than it consumes.
    Thus, it produces free energy indefinitely, runs by itself, without having to need a third-party device or resource to power it.

The free energy devices have been suppressed by the corporate world, because such devices, would allow people to create their own energy for free, which would ultimately shut down the big energy corporations, because people won't need to pay anymore for electricity to fill their pockets.
    Source: MagniWork.com

They're selling the HowToGuide.

Leave a comment:

• russ
    replied
    Rocky Mountain high?

Leave a comment:

• Sunking
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackattak
    I am worried about this misleading information, because at my Denver HVAC company,
    You live in Denver. What did you expect? Those nuts up there think you can use a 1000 watt solar panel and power a 3000/ft2 Mansion, and are entitled to have the Government pay for it.

Leave a comment:

• Jackattak
    Guest replied
    effects customers too

I am worried about this misleading information, because at my Denver HVAC company, a lot of people are very interested in solar heating. The solar water heaters are pretty easy and I understand the technology, but sometimes people come in with ideas that I am not even sure are possible.

Leave a comment:

• BuzzBuds
    replied
    Grid tied and off grid? depate

alot of good things mentioned in here and this thread thanks to the owner of this brought me to think abit more on this what I did not see much of is off grid would be better in such less costs things like your water well solar project I am interested in doing my self. I can not see where I would need a permit for this as it would be off grid running off battery in vented shed.
    Surely this threads topic suport that end of the knoledge for a small fee alot less than yould pay for the degree.

Leave a comment:

• BuzzBuds
    replied
    Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    There's actually a lot of good information in those DIY ebooks, but the claim you can go off the grid for $200.00, and it's simple to do so, is utterly ridiculous. I bought one (earth4energy I think) and some good info in there, but most of that info is available freely on the net anyways, for anyone willing to do some hunting about. Google is your friend. Also searching on youtube can be helpful too. Lots of DIY solar and wind project vids on youtube.
    I Agree but no where Have I seen the ebooks mention go off the grid for $200.00, they do mention building a solar panel for $200 or less.
    The problem I see is lack of reading vrs the probability to start with some sort of knoledge to where to start at, and you go from there I dont think anyone who would pay for something and not know what they are getting into.
    I'd plan on knowing abit more of the elictricity side of calculation value, I am lost on that WOW!!
    I do also have a plan to start taking off parts of my bill first and follow the next link in the so called chain lol

Leave a comment:

• russ
    replied
    @solarforce - You can either spend your money on the books or get the same information from the net for free. Not much of a deal.

Leave a comment:

Working...