X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foo1bar
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by motorcyclemikie
    I just got off the phone with Solaredge tech support, they told me the P730 is fully compatible with the SE7600H, and in fact all the inverters/optimizers configurations by them are workable (marketing hype?)
    Did you ask what the minimum string length is? Do you have enough optimizers in your string for that? (3 modules per optimizer and 18 modules == 6 optimizers. I think min. string is 8)

Did you check whether the P730 will work for your panels after taking into account temperature variation?
    (ie. are you still OK if you have a clear cool windy day?)
    If you have some that are going to be fewer than 3 modules/optimizer, are they within spec for the optimizers? Are they in the preferred operating range? (ie. not running at low efficiency or not able to get down to the max power point.)

15 panels ( 5KWH ) will take care of 100% of my power usage,
    You're mixing units there. Don't know if that's a typo or you not understanding.

Have you identified how many annual kwh you use?
    Have you gone to pvwatts and seen what size system you need to produce that many kwh each year?
    Does your power company do net metering that every kwh you produce you can get back one for one?
    PG&E has some plans where you can produce 10kwh in a day but because of price differentials in time of day you may be able to consume 14kwh. Other POCOs are any excess production is credited at $0.05/kwh or so, and consumption is $0.12/kwh or so.

Comment

• motorcyclemikie
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jan 2019

It was on ebay, a company out of Louisville Kentucky, the price was $949 to the door.
      Those who do, do it!

Comment

• motorcyclemikie
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jan 2019

Foo1bar, yes, I have gone and revised my PVWATT calculation. I can squeeze the 20 panels (6.7KW) purchase on my roof, so that will be the target (pvwatt predicts 10MWH year).

I am on Pacific Power with net metering with a 1 for 1 payback, so they say
        Those who do, do it!

Comment

• littleharbor
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jan 2016

I just found it on eBay for $899.00 $29.00 shipping. OR MAKE OFFER! Could be cheaper still
          Last edited by littleharbor; 01-21-2019, 04:49 PM.
          2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

• ButchDeal
            Solar Fanatic
            • Apr 2014

Yes Butch the P730 are for commercial use I get that, so are the Sunpower P17 335w panels. In the bum neighborhood I live in I doubt the neighbors will complain about silver anodized commercial finished panels.
            I just got off the phone with Solaredge tech support, they told me the P730 is fully compatible with the SE7600H, and in fact all the inverters/optimizers configurations by them are workable (marketing hype?)

They added that the configuration of 3 series P17 Sunpower panels is within the electrical operational parameters of the P730 optimizer, and it also more matches my array grouping on my roof. At $48ea for the P730 optimizer for 1KW (3x335) that is 5cents a watt for optimization -- leaves more money for other items!

I'm ordering the Solaredge SE7600H and P730's today, the PV panel deal can wait for a couple days.

Next stop today is the county building dept. to find out what racking systems they are comfortable with, I don't want to get on the wrong side of stupid inspectors with authority.

15 panels ( 5KWH ) will take care of 100% of my power usage, I have room and might install the other three panels (spares in my 18 panel order) and see if I get a check from the power co. Wishful thinking!
            The P730 works with 3 phase commercial ONLY. I don't know who you talked to but it is not workable on an SE7600H single phase inverter.

335 X 3 is way over the warranty or rated power input on the P730 as well of 730W
            The voltage of 3 of them would be 153V would also be over the rated input of 125
            The MPPT would be 126.6 which is over the MPPT operating range of the P730 as well of 12.5 to 105V

you are also under the minimum string length besides not working with the single phase inverter.

pretty much no way is a P730 going to work for you in the way you want it to, but your milage may vary. It will certainly void the warranty of the SolarEdge equipment.

you could however use the P340 or the P370, or the P505s all in a one for one arrangement with your PV modules and the SE7600H
            OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• motorcyclemikie
              Solar Fanatic
              • Jan 2019

I just received a great education on SE7600H-US inverters. I canceled my order for the SE7600H-US for $949.

the reason being is because the last 4 digits in the part number is NNC2. the same model on other sites have this model number ending with NNU2 no one seems to know what the difference is between these two model numbers I've called tech support at Sun Edge and they suggested I call sales nobody knows sales doesn't tech support doesn't know either

they have me Spawn but I'm not quitting
              Those who do, do it!

Comment

• ButchDeal
                Solar Fanatic
                • Apr 2014

I just received a great education on SE7600H-US inverters. I canceled my order for the SE7600H-US for $949.

the reason being is because the last 4 digits in the part number is NNC2. the same model on other sites have this model number ending with NNU2 no one seems to know what the difference is between these two model numbers I've called tech support at Sun Edge and they suggested I call sales nobody knows sales doesn't tech support doesn't know either

they have me Spawn but I'm not quitting
                the NNC2 comes with the Revenue grade meter installed.
                If you are in the North East or any state with SRECs then this is the way to go as a revenue grade meter is required and one in the inverter is simpler and automatic.

If you are in an area with out SRECs it you can use the NNU2 or the NNC2 will make no difference but the NNU2 should be about $140-$200 cheaper.

Comment

• foo1bar
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Aug 2014

NNC2 may be the revenue grade meter version.

Here's what I see on soligent:

"SolarEdge, SE7600H-US, HD-Wave, 1-Ph, Grid Tied Inverter, 7600W, 240Vac, 60 Hz, 2 Unfused Input, 12 Yr Warr, Ground-Fault/Arc-Fault Protection, Ungrounded, RS485 and Ethernet, AC-RSD, with Revenue Grade Meter (RGM), UL-1741-SA, SE7600H-US000NNC2 "

and for the NNU2 version:.

"SolarEdge, SE7600H-US HD-Wave, 1-Ph, Grid Tied Inverter, 7600W, 240Vac, 60 Hz, 2 Unfused Input, 12 Yr Warr, Ground-Fault/Arc-Fault Protection, Ungrounded, RS485 and Ethernet, AC Rapid Shut Down included, SE7600H-US000NNU2"

Comment

• motorcyclemikie
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Jan 2019

Yeah Butch, I have tossed the idea of the P730 because I have been told by Solaredge Tech Sup the P730 is 3 phase only, I don't see any phasing relationship until the inverter, and their inability to provide answers correctly scares me enough to stay away from that plan.

The electrical parameters with the three panels in series (42vdc 8Amax) each would be within the 125v spec. but there has to be something additional other than electrical parameters.
                    Those who do, do it!

Comment

• motorcyclemikie
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Jan 2019

Thanks for straightening me out on that, I replaced my order for the $949 which is the NNC2 and in fact the add for it states revenue meter.

So I am looking for a deal on 20 optimizers, P340's I guess.
                      Those who do, do it!

Comment

• foo1bar
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Aug 2014

So I am looking for a deal on 20 optimizers, P340's I guess.
                        It's not my money - but I wouldn't "guess" about which optimizer to buy. I would use the solaredge design tool to find out which of their optimizers will work with the modules I plan to purchase.

Comment

• motorcyclemikie
                          Solar Fanatic
                          • Jan 2019

It's not my money - but I wouldn't "guess" about which optimizer to buy. I would use the solaredge design tool to find out which of their optimizers will work with the modules I plan to purchase

Thanks

Yes, I didn't mean to imply that I am shooting it, I'm in the research stage.
                          I still think the P730 would work, I'll have to put that research off till later.
                          Those who do, do it!

Comment

• NukeEngineer
                            Solar Fanatic
                            • Sep 2017

Originally posted by foo1bar

It's not my money - but I wouldn't "guess" about which optimizer to buy. I would use the solaredge design tool to find out which of their optimizers will work with the modules I plan to purchase.
                            112% agree.

The design tool is very simple to use, even for someone pretty new to solar. Just pick your make/model of panel, how many you plan to have, and it will tell you which inverters, optimizers, and string configurations are supported (lists multiple options, not just a single configuration). I have seen an instance where a particular panel *should* be ok to match to a particular optimizer, but the tool says not to do so, because SE has determined (for some reason) that they aren't compatible. Just picking based on wattage alone (Pxxx = the xxx is the max wattage the optimizer can handle) is not enough.

If you order the wrong optimizers, then once they ship they are yours unless your retailer allows returns.

If it were me... and it was me back in summer 2017, then I would order optimizers later, after your panel racking has arrived and perhaps is even partially installed.
                            https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=54099

Comment

• foo1bar
                              Solar Fanatic
                              • Aug 2014

I still think the P730 would work, I'll have to put that research off till later.
                              The 3-phase inverters are different boxes - the P730 optimizers may have something about their communication with the inverter that they work with the 3-phase inverters but not the residential ones.

Or they may just not be tested with the residential ones, and they might work.
                              (But if it's not a config supported by SE, I'd not spend money on that risk.)

Comment

• ButchDeal
                                Solar Fanatic
                                • Apr 2014

It's not my money - but I wouldn't "guess" about which optimizer to buy. I would use the solaredge design tool to find out which of their optimizers will work with the modules I plan to purchase

Thanks

Yes, I didn't mean to imply that I am shooting it, I'm in the research stage.
                                The string of 3 pv modules in series is out of range on almost ALL specs for the P730
                                and the P730 is NOT an allowed configuration the a single phase inverter.

It is unlikely to work,
                                if it does work,... it is unlikely to work for long,
                                and is definitely going to void the warranty.

Comment

Working...