X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MetaPhysic
    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by sdold
    Calm down, I was curious about the requirement for the Envoy and I thought you would be too.
    That is rude, uncalled for, and you have been reported. Boot me if you wish. Solardreamer is wrong on multiple counts (latest: "It wasn't clear" but it was clear: I said "I have installed" and he presumes I didn't get it inspected) and I have said nothing wrong or inappropriate. I am so glad that you people ignored my post in 2018 before I installed my system, because it is legal, works great, and about 25% cheaper than these incorrect arguments would have me build it.

Comment

• sdold
      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by MetaPhysic

That is rude, uncalled for, and you have been reported. Boot me if you wish. Solardreamer is wrong on multiple counts (latest: "It wasn't clear" but it was clear: I said "I have installed" and he presumes I didn't get it inspected) and I have said nothing wrong or inappropriate. I am so glad that you people ignored my post in 2018 before I installed my system, because it is legal, works great, and about 25% cheaper than these incorrect arguments would have me build it.
      I don't think you've violated any of the TOS so I wouldn't boot you (although someone else might) but you were pretty rude up there in post #12 where you've discounted the help we've tried to give you as "weirdness." You shouldn't do that, instead please try to take the comments you've received (up to now at least) in the helpful spirit in which they've been given.

Comment

• MetaPhysic
        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by sdold

I don't think you've violated any of the TOS so I wouldn't boot you (although someone else might) but you were pretty rude up there in post #12 where you've discounted the help we've tried to give you as "weirdness." You shouldn't do that, instead please try to take the comments you've received (up to now at least) in the helpful spirit in which they've been given.
        "I wouldn't boot you (although someone else might)" is similarly rude, and demonstrates the arbitrary and capricious nature of this site's moderators. I am not going to say I am grateful for not booting me.

It isn't "helpful" when members post incorrect and potentially very costly advice, nor helpful for you to agree with it and dismiss those that try to set the record straight, even rebuke those that are carelessly in error. Lots of people post out of less-than-helpful motives, so weird is accurate. Telling me to "Relax" is extremely rude and parsimonious with the premise that he is doing this for other reasons than helpfulness. He is mocking me for caring about this stuff and completely unapologetic, so it is right for me to make sure that new solar users are not confused. He won't post the CA 21 code so no one has learned anything about "requirements," but you want to take the word of someone who is repeatedly wrong. He doesn't even use good English. The authority is blaming the victim, me, and legitimizing status quo. I am the one being helpful here, posting what is functionally correct.

I request that both of you spend more time looking at what is being said before commenting. It matters. The only thing helpful in this thread is what I posted. PG&E and loves the confusion (I know because I have spent plenty of time with their lawyers) and so do all the other utilities like them.

Comment

• solardreamer
          Solar Fanatic
          • May 2015

Originally posted by MetaPhysic

"I wouldn't boot you (although someone else might)" is similarly rude, and demonstrates the arbitrary and capricious nature of this site's moderators. I am not going to say I am grateful for not booting me.

It isn't "helpful" when members post incorrect and potentially very costly advice, nor helpful for you to agree with it and dismiss those that try to set the record straight, even rebuke those that are carelessly in error. Lots of people post out of less-than-helpful motives, so weird is accurate. Telling me to "Relax" is extremely rude and parsimonious with the premise that he is doing this for other reasons than helpfulness. He is mocking me for caring about this stuff and completely unapologetic, so it is right for me to make sure that new solar users are not confused. He won't post the CA 21 code so no one has learned anything about "requirements," but you want to take the word of someone who is repeatedly wrong. He doesn't even use good English. The authority is blaming the victim, me, and legitimizing status quo. I am the one being helpful here, posting what is functionally correct.

I request that both of you spend more time looking at what is being said before commenting. It matters. The only thing helpful in this thread is what I posted. PG&E and loves the confusion (I know because I have spent plenty of time with their lawyers) and so do all the other utilities like them.
          Are you for real? Truly irredeemable.

Comment

• MetaPhysic
            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by solardreamer

Are you for real? Truly irredeemable.
            Don't pretend you are surprised. It is right to call you out when you don't speak the truth.

You won't redeem yourself by providing the specific CA 21 code section that is germane to this topic, and prospective PV users, but I'll bet you won't even do that much.

Comment

• sdold
              • Jun 2014

Metaphysic, you're welcome to stay and participate, but you'll have to keep it civil. If you can't, you won't be welcome here and that's just how it is. You've generated some good discussions so I hope you tone it down and stay, but it's your choice.

Comment

• solarintexas
                • Dec 2013

Just to chime in with my two cents. I recently installed four extra panels and used Enphase IQ7+ micros. This is a separate array, meant to supplement the output of my main array which is on a string inverter. I have an eGauge monitor device and put an additional split core CT on the feed from new array to track its output. For me, the Envoy is not cost effective. With my existing metering device, it is easy to look at the production on a sunny day and tell whether the micros are working. If it is close to 1200 watts, I know that all four inverters are operating properly. And while the eGauge is not showing me the performance of each individual micro inverter, I prefer its detailed granularity in monitoring my overall consumption and production over what the Envoy system offers.
                So yes, those inverters work just fine without anything else.

Comment

Working...