Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Achieving 100% zero export for Air conditioner for solaredge GTI using RRCR conf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a great idea that can be done for other appliance like TV, computer etc beacuse they first have rectifier inside from the AC side just another DC supply wire has to be run from the appliance to it this can be without batteryless and being Off Grid and without any inverter just a MPPT controller maybe required

Comment

Originally posted by roy2003boy View Post
      What a great idea that can be done for other appliance like TV, computer etc beacuse they first have rectifier inside from the AC side just another DC supply wire has to be run from the appliance to it this can be without batteryless and being Off Grid and without any inverter just a MPPT controller maybe required
      Well, if you are OK with your TV cutting out whenever a cloud goes in front of the sun. Also some devices can be damaged if you consistently feed them a voltage that's too low (which is what happens when you start losing sun.)

Note that TV's, computers etc require a wide variety of voltages, not just 12V. Generally you need a specialized supply if you want to run a computer on 12V. (or 24V, or 48V.)

Comment

The general idea, is that the equipment is built with dual power inputs. So if one quits, the other picks
        up the load. Lots of stuff done that way in phone offices. Built from scratch isn't so difficult, modifying
        existing stuff much more difficult. Bruce Roe

Comment

I believe going off grid is a better and hassle free solution
          Hi, wow have you got a lot to learn, this one made me laugh first thing this morning, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by solar pete View Post

Hi, wow have you got a lot to learn, this one made me laugh first thing this morning, cheers
            Some people just don't like any outside organization messing with their lives.

Although I have watched the show Naked in Africa and I think the end result for some members would be similar to someone unaware of what off grid is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by solar pete View Post
              Yeah I spewed Dr Pepper all over my keyboard when I read that moronic statement..

MSEE, PE

Comment

So, is there some snake oil sales blog pushing $5 solar to run your house with used batteries from a salvage yard ? These same questions come up all the time !
                Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by Mike90250 View Post
                  So, is there some snake oil sales blog pushing $5 solar to run your house with used batteries from a salvage yard ? These same questions come up all the time !
                  Yep YouTube
                  OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Fools and their money soon part ways.
                    MSEE, PE

Comment

Thanks for ur reply I am trying to get it Approved first i will try to cut throught the Red Tape without spending too much or will wait till lithium ion battery gets cheaper and popular
                      The problem with Li-ion is they already have a significant markup in the Energy storage market. The cost that Tesla is looking at charging for replacement batteries is at $0.125/Wh -> 55kWh battery -> $6875. But for the Power wall at 13.5kWhr that would equate to $1687 they're charging $5900 (no install fees.) Look at other options and they're charging even more per watt. But if you look at what they're charging public utility installs, it's far less per watt.

What we really need here some good competition in the market. Someone to come in and cut that price in half, and demand will drive up, because then there's a slim chance in hell it would pay for its self under TOU systems, while today, forget about it, there are only two sets of people who are doing this. Those who are true off gridders, and those who don't no how to apply math and see that at the end of the day, they spend more money than they save buy going to such a system.

Comment

Originally posted by TAZ427 View Post
                        The problem with Li-ion is they already have a significant markup in the Energy storage market. The cost that Tesla is looking at charging for replacement batteries is at $0.125/Wh -> 55kWh battery -> $6875.
                        Then they are losing tons of money. Raw 18650A's are $1.40 a watt-hour.
                        What we really need here some good competition in the market.
                        We have pretty good competition. We have LG, BattleBorn, Victron, Tesla, SimpliPhi, Panasonic, Sony, Iron Edison etc etc.
                        Someone to come in and cut that price in half, and demand will drive up . . ..
                        But if they sell it at under market prices they will go bankrupt. So lots of demand, no supply.

Comment

Originally posted by jflorey2 View Post
                          Then they are losing tons of money. Raw 18650A's are $1.40 a watt-hour.
                          Not sure were you got those numbers, You can buy Panason NCR18650A for $5 a pop at 3100mAh rated when purchased one at a time -> 11.47Wh -> $0.43/Wh, which means they cost a fraction of that to actually manufacture. The Gigafactory already claims a 35% reduction in manufacturing cost per Wh.

I will agree the supply isn't meeting the demands, and that's how they've been able to maintain such a large margin on these. I don't see anyone having financial difficulties in the battery department manufacturing them, because there isn't enough supply to drive the pricing down, and even though the supply is ramping up, the demand from the automotive industry is (and will continue) to be significantly increasing year on year for the next 2-3 decades at least.

The biggest hope is that Solid State battery will start getting into manufacturing, and it's prices driven down, the 3x power density, faster charging times, ... should displace Li-ion in the Automotive sector if pricing gets anywhere near on par... and that would free up Li-ion for Grid and personal Power storage.

Comment

Hello Everyone

Just A quick update i was able to cut through the red tape and Everything working with exporting back into the grid, took some time and patients but hope will pay off as time goes by.

Comment

Working...
                            X