X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ukwindowcleaner
    • Oct 2022

Originally posted by reader2580
    I need to clean the panels on the roof of my detached garage. How do you guys clean your panels? The entire one side of the my roof (32 feet wide by 17 feet) is covered with panels. The city and fire chief allowed me to cover the whole side of the roof with no walkways since they don't vent detached garages in case of fire.

I was looking at 16 foot painter's poles at the store yesterday, but none of them seem very sturdy at 16 feet. I didn't buy one because the window cleaning heads with threads would not fit on any of the really long poles. I was thinking about standing on the other side of the roof to clean, but then I couldn't use the squeegee to get the water off. I would like to avoid cleaning from a ladder if possible.
    what you need is one of those poles window cleaners use, they are long telescopic poles with brushes on the end that also spray water. you can use these to clean solar panels very effectively from the ground. I would either buy yourself one of these water fed poles (wfp)or get a local window cleaning company to clean them every now and then for you
    Last edited by ukwindowcleaner; 10-21-2022, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• azdave
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by ukwindowcleaner

what you need is one of those poles window cleaners use, they are long telescopic poles with brushes on the end that also spray water. you can use these to clean solar panels very effectively from the ground. I would either buy yourself one of these water fed poles or get a local window cleaning company to clean them every now and then for you
      Interesting screen name when you are here recommending people use a window cleaning company. Unfortunately, the money spent on a service like that will never be recouped in savings.
      Dave W. Gilbert AZ
      6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

• vballdad
        • Nov 2015

I tried to clean mine with a car wash brush and a hose. 66 panels on a 6/12 pitch roof was a one and done deal for me.
        My neighbor, West Palm Beach Fireman, has a solar panel cleaning company in Lake Worth FL. He has the equipment and experience on roofs.
        He cleans it twice a year for me. Always early in the morning. Bird Poop and Pollen are the sticky items rain doesn't remove.
        40-290w Hanwha SE10000
        26-310w Axitec SE6000

Comment

Working...