X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike7381
    • Jul 2017

Lol, nevermind, they thought it is the ev version, thats why they told me its out at the end of the year and its $1000 more. They will include it for the same price.

Comment

• Mike7381
      • Jul 2017

Just ran some #s on pvwatt, with the 99% efficiency, it can produce 250kwh more per yr

Comment

• foo1bar
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Mike7381
        Just ran some #s on pvwatt, with the 99% efficiency, it can produce 250kwh more per yr
        Make sure you look at the entire efficiency.
        I believe Solaredge states the efficiency for both their inverters and their optimizers.
        So you need to multiply those two numbers if you're comparing efficiency with another system.

Comment

• max2k
          • May 2015

which results in 250x0.30 = $75 / year? Wouldn't be deciding factor for me as single failure would render those savings the other way.

Comment

• Mike7381
            • Jul 2017

Originally posted by max2k

which results in 250x0.30 = $75 / year? Wouldn't be deciding factor for me as single failure would render those savings the other way.
            Of course $75 a yr is not a deciding factor, I already decided to go with solar and since everyone here said solaredge is better than enphase and since they let me have the solaredge hd wave inverters for the same price as enphase, then isnt it even better? $75 extra a yr plus a more reliable inverter (at least you guys think it is more reliable) with the same 25 yrs warranty is better than nothing right?

Comment

• ButchDeal
              Solar Fanatic
              • Apr 2014

They got it, but it is $1000 more for a 5.94 kw system, is it worth it?
              That installer is an a$$. The equipment doesn't cost more than $40 more than the older A series and should be cheaper then Enphase.
              OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• foo1bar
                Solar Fanatic
                • Aug 2014

Of course $75 a yr is not a deciding factor,
                I think it's more like $25 ($.10/kwh) - and I wouldn't bet that solaredge is really 250kwh more than same system with enphase.

I already decided to go with solar and since everyone here said solaredge is better than enphase
                Not everyone.
                I certainly think that Solaredge is better than Enphase in most applications.
                But some people do have a (semi-reasonable) concern that when the solaredge inverter dies you lose all production until it's replaced.
                While with enphase you lose only 1/20th* of your production until the microinverter is replaced.

*1/20th or 1/15th or 1/26th - however many modules/microinverters you have.

Since my crystal ball is in the shop, I can't tell you which solution will have less power lost due to inverters malfunctioning over the next 20 years.
                (I think it's within $100 either way - but again my crystal ball is in the shop.)

Comment

• Mike7381
                  • Jul 2017

Originally posted by ButchDeal

That installer is an a$$. The equipment doesn't cost more than $40 more than the older A series and should be cheaper then Enphase.
                  Well they thought i wanted the ev version which is not out until the end of the year. The $1000 more was because of the ev version, they included the regular hd wave for the same price. I know my system is a lot more expensive compare to diy, but i dont know how to do it myself. My system price is pretty reasonable compare to other installers. $20,000 for 5.94 kw with 200a panel upgrade and 800 sq of roof before tax credit.

Comment

• ButchDeal
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Apr 2014

Well they thought i wanted the ev version which is not out until the end of the year. The $1000 more was because of the ev version, they included the regular hd wave for the same price. I know my system is a lot more expensive compare to diy, but i dont know how to do it myself. My system price is pretty reasonable compare to other installers. $20,000 for 5.94 kw with 200a panel upgrade and 800 sq of roof before tax credit.
                    Ok a little confusion. Solaredge just announced the ev charger version but they are right it is not released yet.
                    the 5 and 6 kw inverters are out though. Sounds like just some communication confusion though.
                    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• Mike7381
                      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by ButchDeal

Ok a little confusion. Solaredge just announced the ev charger version but they are right it is not released yet.
                      the 5 and 6 kw inverters are out though. Sounds like just some communication confusion though.
                      Yes at first they thought i want the ev version, then they figure out i want the 5kw version not the ev, although i do want the ev version but its not out yet. Anyway when they said $1000 extra they meant the ev version. They changed it to 5kw version and it is the same price as enphase.

Comment

• Mike7381
                        • Jul 2017

Originally posted by foo1bar

I think it's more like $25 ($.10/kwh) - and I wouldn't bet that solaredge is really 250kwh more than same system with enphase.

Not everyone.
                        I certainly think that Solaredge is better than Enphase in most applications.
                        But some people do have a (semi-reasonable) concern that when the solaredge inverter dies you lose all production until it's replaced.
                        While with enphase you lose only 1/20th* of your production until the microinverter is replaced.

*1/20th or 1/15th or 1/26th - however many modules/microinverters you have.

Since my crystal ball is in the shop, I can't tell you which solution will have less power lost due to inverters malfunctioning over the next 20 years.
                        (I think it's within $100 either way - but again my crystal ball is in the shop.)
                        How you get 10 cents per kwatts? The extra 250 kw i am getting will be offsetted by my electricity consumption since this system only cover 75% of my electricity before i get the 22 seer mini split a/c installed. After the a/c it should cover 90-100%.

Comment

• foo1bar
                          Solar Fanatic
                          • Aug 2014

How you get 10 cents per kwatts?
                          Didn't realize you were the OP when I quoted you.

Is your avoided cost per kwh actually $.30/kwh? (or your credit per kwh)
                          And will it be that high for the additional 1kwh/day that we're talking about?
                          Don't forget that it's going to be spread across the entire year (and entire day if you have time-of-use)

For me the average is about $.11/kwh (and used $.10/kwh because it makes the math easy)
                          For people in PG&E (POCO that's in the adjacent cities) - I think the weighted average would be somewhere around $.20-$.25/kwh

Comment

• max2k
                            • May 2015

Originally posted by foo1bar

Didn't realize you were the OP when I quoted you.

Is your avoided cost per kwh actually $.30/kwh? (or your credit per kwh)
                            And will it be that high for the additional 1kwh/day that we're talking about?
                            Don't forget that it's going to be spread across the entire year (and entire day if you have time-of-use)

For me the average is about $.11/kwh (and used $.10/kwh because it makes the math easy)
                            For people in PG&E (POCO that's in the adjacent cities) - I think the weighted average would be somewhere around $.20-$.25/kwh
                            BTW, I deliberately took high rate level to show even at that level it hardly makes any difference.

Comment

• jpoet
                              • May 2017

They are tellinge only the 3k hw wave inverter is available and solaredge havent release the 5000 model for my 5.94kwh system. It is only going to release at the end of the year
                              My SE5000H-US was installed three weeks ago. My installer had it their hands as of four weeks ago. They are definitely available now. It sounds like your installer is make excuses.

Edit: Sorry, I just read the follow up posts.

John
                              Last edited by jpoet; 08-05-2017, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Mike7381
                                • Jul 2017

Originally posted by jpoet

My SE5000H-US was installed three weeks ago. My installer had it their hands as of four weeks ago. They are definitely available now. It sounds like your installer is make excuses.

Edit: Sorry, I just read the follow up posts.

John
                                How do you like your SE5000H-US? Can you tell me your system spec and how much electricity is it producing?

Comment

Working...