X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AranM0n3y88
    • Oct 2016

I c thanks when I got the battery the guy said charge them 1st for 2days without using them...so they can get fully charged . .is he right when u buy new Batterys u let them charge for 2days ...

and 600watts will be enough to charge them faster using Mppt right ? am going to set them in 2 3set ...the guy in the store said I should have 900watts to charge them...is he right or??? thanks

Comment

• Sunking
      Solar Fanatic
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by AranM0n3y88
      I c thanks when I got the battery the guy said charge them 1st for 2days without using them...so they can get fully charged . .is he right when u buy new Batterys u let them charge for 2days ...
      Or longer. With a 24 volt 225 AH battery discharged to 50% DOD will take 3 days or more to charge up. A 24 volt 225 AH battery panel wattage depends on your location, but the minimum is 600 watts and up to 1000 watts. No one here can tell what you need because you have not defined any parameters.

You are going about this all wrong. You first have to determine how many watt hours you use in a day, then design a system. I can tell you right now you are going to fail and destroy your batteries because you have failed to define the objective.

That is why you have another thread with your batteries going dead. Just a matter of time before you have destroyed your batteries.
      Last edited by Sunking; 04-22-2017, 09:25 PM.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

• Mike90250
        • May 2009

It all depends on your loads. If you have large loads, you need more solar to charge them. If you have small loads, you can squeak by with less solar,
        Chronic under-charging kills many more batteries than overcharging does.
        Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
        || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
        || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
        gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Working...