X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6v or 12v

Which is better way to go 4 6v 450ah Trojan Batterys or 2 12v 410ah Trojan batters ?

I will use a 12volt system . ..which will last longer in life time . ..
    6volt will cost me $760 and 12volt $600 which is cheaper 160 dollars different . ..is it a big difference BTW 6 or 12 volt Battery ?

thanks get back at me asap

What is the application ?
    Do you care about how many cell caps to check for water?
    Series batteries last longer than Parallel - any reason not to use 24V
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

My inv. is 12v system . .n to be real I want more power in 12volt
      more power in Batterys I keep read that 6v is better den 12v but wen I do the math is 40ah deffs btw 6v n 12v

isn't it both last the same or the 6v last longer as I read...
      N no I don't think so about the water or should I care...

am lost I read to much got 2much info n idk which is right or wrong...
      Doesn't it lower water is better as I saw...?
      thxz

Comment

I can't seem to find any Trojan 12volt 410Ah batteries. Only a 6volt which is the L16RE-B model.

Are you sure Trojan makes that 12volt battery?

Comment

Yes 12v 205ah not 410ah

by the way which is better Mppt tristar 60a or solar hybrid Mppt

Comment

Originally posted by AranM0n3y88 View Post
            Yes 12v 205ah not 410ah

by the way which is better Mppt tristar 60a or solar hybrid Mppt
            The Mornstar Tristar MPPT is a good charger. I have never heard of the one made by solar hybrid

Comment

Thanks for ur time n ur info help me a lot I went on n get me 4 6v Battery Trojan 105re n am going to get 1 more 100watt plane so I can connect them in 2set of 3 and helpfully that will be the best way to go n stay power 24.7

am going to set my battery up2day n don't use them until they r fully charged Cuz I know wen u buy them new it comes 50% charge so I will let them get full den starc using them....

p.s. thank you again for ur time n info

Comment

You are welcome. Keep us informed on how your system is working.

Comment

Which is better way to go 4 6v 450ah Trojan Batterys or 2 12v 410ah Trojan batters ?

I will use a 12volt system
                  It is a stupid pointless question which deserves a stupid pointless answer.

There is no such thing as a Trojan 12 volt 450 AH battery. You would be a fool to run 12 volts. Use 24 volts and save $300 on the controller and another $100 on wiring. You are stuck inside a 12 volt box.
                  Last edited by Sunking; 04-20-2017, 08:34 PM.
                  MSEE, PE

Comment

Umm..say u can see I said 4 6volt which me 2 6v is 225ah plus 2 6v 225ah = 450 ok dum ass b4 u talk understand wat u read b4 saying it...think twice b4 saying it

Comment

Before you type you need to understand the English language if you expect people to understand what you are trying to say. Your "dum ass" abbreviations are just a sign of laziness and illiteracy. I see in a couple of your threads you are starting to get defensive with people who are trying to understand and ultimately HELP you.
                      2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post
                        Before you type you need to understand the English language if you expect people to understand what you are trying to say. Your "dum ass" abbreviations are just a sign of laziness and illiteracy. I see in a couple of your threads you are starting to get defensive with people who are trying to understand and ultimately HELP you.
                        +1.

Comment

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post
                          He is a highly educated Millennial. .

MSEE, PE

Comment

Hey ssunking how long will it take to charge 4 6v Batterys 450ah with 500watts n Mppt 60a

Right now I change my battery % n it shows 7.24volt each ...I just got 4 new once

soon I will but 1 more 100watt plane ..
                            Last edited by AranM0n3y88; 04-21-2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Hey ssunking how long will it take to charge 4 6v Batterys 450ah with 500watts n Mppt 60a

Right now I change my battery % n it shows 7.24volt each ...I just got 4 new once

soon I will but 1 more 100watt plane ..
                              At 7.24v per 6v battery I would say they are fully charged but I would first let them rest and then measure the voltage. That will get you closer to the % charge.

Of course using a temperature corrected hydrometer will give you a more accurate % SOC value.

Comment

Working...
                              X