X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Murby
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by dex
    .65 a watt? Are they scratched or something? I can't even get anything below .80 for SolarWorld.
    I actually asked them if they were dinged, damaged, or in some way a not perfect panels.. They said no.. they don't sell any of those..
    They sell the SMA inverters for much cheaper than everyone else too...

Comment

• emartin00
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2013

Bought 6kW system from them last year. I think we payed around $.60 for Hanwha modules, and they had a deal on SE optimizers for like $25 each.
      Customer service was excellent, and with the exception of a slightly bent rail, everything arrived in good shape.

Comment

• solarix
        Super Moderator
        • Apr 2015

Renvu is very legit. I have a dealer acct with them.
        BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

• foo1bar
          Solar Fanatic
          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by dex
          .65 a watt? Are they scratched or something? I can't even get anything below .80 for SolarWorld.
          I would guess they have some volume deal on the 345's.
          Renvu has Solarworld 340's at $.74/W (Don't see any reason you'd buy those when you can get more power for less money)

The one thing I would definitely caution is that the solarworld 345's and 340's are 72 cell modules.
          So make sure you're aware of that and planning for that.

20% longer is not insignificant when you're handling them - the 60-cell are awkward to handle, I expect the 72-cell are more difficult to deal with.

And if you're doing optimizers or enphase, make sure you are getting appropriate equipment for those modules. (I am sure if you ask that renvu can look at it and make sure what you order will work together.)

Also you can watch for things to show up on renvu's specials. I think they change the specials every week or two.

Comment

• GRickard
            Solar Fanatic
            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by solarix
            Renvu is very legit. I have a dealer acct with them.
            Does that make you an operative?

Comment

• foo1bar
              Solar Fanatic
              • Aug 2014

BTW - I looked at Soligent and although solarworld 345s are more expensive I am seeing Canadian Solar 280W for $148 - which would be <$.53/W.
              Which approach would be cheaper for a given total wattage you'd have to spend some time pricing out - the 60-cell 280W would be more rails and clamps. But cheaper modules.

I *think* Canadian Solar is same quality/brandname level as Solarworld and LG.
              I think renvu is more geared toward DIY crowd - I get the feeling that soligent is not going to have the support for a DIYer. But I have not done basically no business with them.

Comment

• Spektre
                • May 2015

Originally posted by foo1bar

<snip> Also you can watch for things to show up on renvu's specials. I think they change the specials every week or two. </snip>
                Yes, if you're ready to make your move, definitely sign up for their email. (I am obliged to say this by my Renvu overlords)

I got an email on Jan 25th that had CSUN 310W Poly 72 cell modules @ $0.395/w (min 48) and Hanwha Q-CELLS Q.PRO L-G2 40mm @ $0.42/w (min 120)

I wouldn't be able to buy 120 modules for myself, but those CSUN modules were pretty tempting...

Again, I have nothing to do with Renvu, but their prices are compelling (and informative, ie. if they're able to sell to consumers for these prices, you know installers are still gouging us when their prices aren't dropping!)

Comment

• emartin00
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Aug 2013

Originally posted by foo1bar

I would guess they have some volume deal on the 345's.
                  Renvu has Solarworld 340's at $.74/W (Don't see any reason you'd buy those when you can get more power for less money)

The one thing I would definitely caution is that the solarworld 345's and 340's are 72 cell modules.
                  So make sure you're aware of that and planning for that.

20% longer is not insignificant when you're handling them - the 60-cell are awkward to handle, I expect the 72-cell are more difficult to deal with.

And if you're doing optimizers or enphase, make sure you are getting appropriate equipment for those modules. (I am sure if you ask that renvu can look at it and make sure what you order will work together.)

Also you can watch for things to show up on renvu's specials. I think they change the specials every week or two.

BTW - I looked at Soligent and although solarworld 345s are more expensive I am seeing Canadian Solar 280W for $148 - which would be <$.53/W.
                  Which approach would be cheaper for a given total wattage you'd have to spend some time pricing out - the 60-cell 280W would be more rails and clamps. But cheaper modules.

I *think* Canadian Solar is same quality/brandname level as Solarworld and LG.
                  I think renvu is more geared toward DIY crowd - I get the feeling that soligent is not going to have the support for a DIYer. But I have not done basically no business with them.

Yes, Renvu seams to get some volume deals. I get their weekly emails, and if you can take a full container, you can get modules for less than $.50/watt.

72 cell modules are a bit larger, but they are definitely manageable with 2 people. And you will want P400s if you use SolarEdge. We used 72 cell modules for a couple reasons. They were best price per watt, and it meant fewer optimizers and fewer rails & mounts. Not to mention it filled out the roof better than I could have with 60 cells.

Canadian solar is definitely a good brand. They have been in the top ten manufacturers for several years.

Comment

Working...