• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Murby
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jan 2017

Renvu ????

Hi folks,
    I'm trying to do a bit of research on Renvu.com to see if they are reputable and legit. Their prices seem to be FAR below anyone else. Even WholesaleSolar.com can't come close to matching the prices that Renvu is offering.
    For instance, Renvu has Solarworld SW345 panels for $224 ($0.65 per watt) if you buy 10 or more.. When I asked Wholesalesolar, they wanted $370... What the???? You know what they say about deals that are too good to be true.

But its not just Renvu's better prices on a single item.. everything they offer is far below anyone else. What's going on? Is this company legit or a scam? Anyone have any person experiences with them?
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Are you thinking of doing your own installation ?

Comment

• Murby
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by J.P.M.
      Are you thinking of doing your own installation ?
      Yes. I'll be doing a ground mount system in the range of 5.5 to 7 KW.. Haven't decided yet but yes, I'll be doing all the work myself.

Comment

• Spektre
        • May 2015

Many people have had great experiences with Renvu; I can't recall a single complaint. Maybe they're just one of the good guys in the business who aren't trying to gouge people at every opportunity.

Search this site for the keyword Renvu

Comment

• GRickard
          Solar Fanatic
          • Dec 2016

I've used them and their customer service and pricing have been top notch. Register with them and you'll be able to see pricing and get emails for their sales. I just bought 60 SunEdison 335 mono panels from them for $.49/watt. The prices they show are for check or wire transfer. If you use a credit/debit card, they will add 3% to cover the charges they get from the card.

Greg

Comment

• Murby
            Solar Fanatic
            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Spektre
            Many people have had great experiences with Renvu; I can't recall a single complaint. Maybe they're just one of the good guys in the business who aren't trying to gouge people at every opportunity.

Search this site for the keyword Renvu
            I've used them and their customer service and pricing have been top notch. Register with them and you'll be able to see pricing and get emails for their sales. I just bought 60 SunEdison 335 mono panels from them for $.49/watt. The prices they show are for check or wire transfer. If you use a credit/debit card, they will add 3% to cover the charges they get from the card.

Greg
            The problem I have with both of you is that you only have 30 posts in this one forum and both join dates are well after Renvu went into business.. In other words, you could be sneaky operatives creating fake reviews.
            Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you are, I'm just saying its possible and I'm trying to figure out if I want to pay the extra $300 credit card fee to act as my insurance in case they are scammers.
            It's an $8000 purchase, I like to do my homework before I send someone that much money..

Comment

• J.P.M.
              Solar Fanatic
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Murby

Yes. I'll be doing a ground mount system in the range of 5.5 to 7 KW.. Haven't decided yet but yes, I'll be doing all the work myself.
              I should have remembered from your post of 3-4 days ago. Apologies.

J.P.M.

Comment

• Murby
                Solar Fanatic
                • Jan 2017

Originally posted by J.P.M.

I should have remembered from your post of 3-4 days ago. Apologies.

J.P.M.
                That's ok.. I always pay attention to what other say, just not so much who says what... I know how that goes.. I'm after the information, not who it comes from...

Comment

• sdold
                  • Jun 2014

I installed my own system and bought everything (except racking) from them and couldn't be happier. I used a credit card for the same reason . I had everything shipped, but a friend that used them went to their warehouse and picked up some things on will call and said it was perfectly legit. I ordered some incorrectly-sized parts and they happily exchanged them.
                  Last edited by sdold; 01-31-2017, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Spektre
                    • May 2015

The problem I have with both of you is that you only have 30 posts in this one forum and both join dates are well after Renvu went into business.. In other words, you could be sneaky operatives creating fake reviews.
                    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you are, I'm just saying its possible and I'm trying to figure out if I want to pay the extra $300 credit card fee to act as my insurance in case they are scammers.
                    It's an $8000 purchase, I like to do my homework before I send someone that much money..

Well, if you like to do your homework so much, you'll see that I registered in Scottsdale AZ and posted a picture of my house in one of my first posts. Then you could read through my post history to see what type of questions I've been asking. When you've done that, Congratulations! You'll see that I AM in fact a really deep undercover Renvu operative! I get a kickback of $.000001/MW they sell - so far I've earned $.003; just waiting for that penny to get sent to me in about 4 years...

As I said earlier, search this forum for Renvu - a quick waste of MY time showed that billy1 had an issue with shipping times/availability, but for the most part they have the best prices and people are mostly happy with them.

Comment

• Spektre
                      • May 2015

Originally posted by sdold
                      I installed my own system and bought everything (except racking) from them and couldn't be happier. I used a credit card for the same reason . I had everything shipped, but a friend that used them went to their warehouse and picked up some things on will call and said it was perfectly legit. I ordered some incorrectly-sized parts and they happily exchanged them.
                      OMG, another Renvu operative!!!

LOL, just messin with ya Murby (whom I suspect is an operative of one of Renvu's competitors now)

Comment

• GRickard
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Dec 2016

Well, if you like to do your homework so much, you'll see that I registered in Scottsdale AZ and posted a picture of my house in one of my first posts. Then you could read through my post history to see what type of questions I've been asking. When you've done that, Congratulations! You'll see that I AM in fact a really deep undercover Renvu operative! I get a kickback of $.000001/MW they sell - so far I've earned $.003; just waiting for that penny to get sent to me in about 4 years...

As I said earlier, search this forum for Renvu - a quick waste of MY time showed that billy1 had an issue with shipping times/availability, but for the most part they have the best prices and people are mostly happy with them.
                        Well said fellow operative. I was kinda thinking if a person's not gonna trust anything they get, then why bother asking in the first place. With that said, it is a wise move to check a company out before you send your money.
                        By the way, if you read a few posts you'll see that I'm in Kentucky.

Comment

• Murby
                          Solar Fanatic
                          • Jan 2017

OMG, another Renvu operative!!!

LOL, just messin with ya Murby (whom I suspect is an operative of one of Renvu's competitors now)
                          ROFLMAO.... Hey man.. you never know.. Can't believe anything you see or read on the internet anymore.. But honestly though, I'm far more apt to be believe things I hear on forums after conversations have been vetted by other members... Its a thousand times more reliable than any other source. BBB.org, Yelp, RipOffReport, and Facebook help too, but they are limited in scope..
                          Real people with first hand accounts who get into arguments, make typos, have stories to tell, and post pictures, are far more reliable.

Comment

• foo1bar
                            Solar Fanatic
                            • Aug 2014

I paid them by check.
                            Renvu's office is fairly close by so I dropped off the check with them and picked up some of the parts (quickmount e-mounts) while I was there.
                            The racking, modules, inverter, and optimizers arrived by LTL freight a while later.
                            I understand being concerned about paying by check... The credit card method does give you some assurance that you're not at risk to pay money and not get the product.
                            I know they're not a scam - my purchase from them was 2 years ago and I got everything I ordered.
                            The only risk I see is they theoretically could go bankrupt right after you order. That seems pretty unlikely though.

I think their customer service has been very good.
                            I did have 1 issue with an optimizer that arrived and wasn't usable. They shipped me a replacement as soon as I took pictures to show them the problem.
                            And they were helpful in making sure I was ordering the proper things - asking appropriate questions about what I was ordering. Helping to make sure I wasn't ordering things I wouldn't actually need.

Comment

• dex
                              • Jun 2016

.65 a watt? Are they scratched or something? I can't even get anything below .80 for SolarWorld.

Comment

Working...