X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • solarz
    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by quicksilver8907
    Previous owner died. House was a foreclosure that sat vacant for two years and the solar panels remained on the roof.
    I am not sure what legal part for this I would assume some lawyers needed here.
    Solar company did not remove those panels for 2 years of foreclosure without getting any lease. They might not do it now. However, they could shutdown the production and leave panels for 20 years on your roof. In legal term, they have paper work to prove so. Plus they can decommission the NEM agreement. That is the worst case scenario.
    I am not sure if they can put the lien to your home if you do not pay the lease now. Per law, you get benefit from them without payment ... it is hard to fight in court unless you shutdown the inverter and not get any benefit from the solar system.
    For example, someone get sue when they connect power to charge their EV car in some external power plug in the parking slot.
    5KW Enphase system.

Comment

• nevetsyad
      • Aug 2016

So, I know this is an old dead thread, but I'm curious, what happened in the end?

Comment

• quicksilver8907
        • Feb 2014

Check out my other thread. It's still up in the air.

Comment

• SNhwrd
          • Dec 2018

It's been a few years and Im looking for a resolution/update from you... I have purchased a home and we signed docs at closing that we will not take over the lease, the sellers agreed to keep paying th lease and keep it in their name. The seller is 94years old and the lease is only 4 years old, it was implied they would just default. Then SolarCity was to come get them upon default. That was fine with us. We would just get a new, owned, system of our own. Well, the sellers stopped paying and say they havent heard from SolarCity/Tesla.

Tesla keeps tryig to contact us and via letter has given us 10 days to negotiate with them for use of the system (no details about what they're thinking but we will not enter a lease with them) or they will come get them. We already told them to come pre-closing and they didnt. I'm wondering what has come of your situation? Did they just come get them, sell them to you cheap or did you have to sign a lease? Thanks!

Comment

• quicksilver8907
            • Feb 2014

So we were dealing with solar city before they were acquired by Tesla so things may have changed but it took them two years to finally come get ours. I offered to purchase but they wouldn

Comment

Working...