X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NorCalX
    • Nov 2015

As I wait for PGE to process my application my current problem is the SolarEdge API key. I have received 2 different keys from my installer but am unable to pull generation data so far to my PVOUTPUT account.

I have solaredge set as the primary. Set it to solar data.
    Have the key and site id entered

I have wattvision as secondary. Set it to consumption

I am getting no solar generation data at all on my PVOUTPUT account.
    Wattvision consumption is coming through just fine.

When I try testing the API link by entering my site ID and key i get STATUS 403 Access to the specified resource () has been forbidden.

https://monitoringapi.solaredge.com/equipment/<siteIDhere>/list?api_key=<APIkeyhere>

Think I need to get solaredge support involved.

If anyone has tips before then I'll take them

Comment

• sensij
      Solar Fanatic
      • Sep 2014

One gotcha with the key generation is that the installer needs to hit save after generating the key. Otherwise, it won't be recognized as valid, giving the error message you are seeing.
      CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

• NorCalX
        • Nov 2015

Originally posted by sensij
        One gotcha with the key generation is that the installer needs to hit save after generating the key. Otherwise, it won't be recognized as valid, giving the error message you are seeing.

Same exact answer solaredge CS just gave me.

They can see my installer generated the API key but didn't "save" after

All sorted out now. Will give it time to load all the data. It appears to be pulling it in small chunks. Says I generated .288 KWH yesterday (was actually in the 20kwh range). The first data point for my power generation is 3pm yesterday

Comment

• sanjoseman
          • Dec 2015

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I live in San Jose area. I am considering solar system for my house. My annual usage is about 13,000 kWh. My PG&E plan is EV-A. I am looking for a 7 to 8kW system.

I got a quote for LG315N1C-G4 panels with SolarEdge SE7600 for $4.30/Watt. I expected it to be much lower. Any feedback on the setup and cost?

Please let me know if you know of any installer that is competent and reasonable in price.

BTW, my roof is metal steel shingle. So, firms like Solar City does not install on such roof.

Comment

• ButchDeal
            Solar Fanatic
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by sensij
            It is a SolarEdge design issue. It looks like all you have to do is click the check box but if you scroll way down there is a save button. Software designers have large monitors and don't think about installers on cheap old laptops....
            OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• NorCalX
              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by sanjoseman
              Hi,

I am new to the forum. I live in San Jose area. I am considering solar system for my house. My annual usage is about 13,000 kWh. My PG&E plan is EV-A. I am looking for a 7 to 8kW system.

I got a quote for LG315N1C-G4 panels with SolarEdge SE7600 for $4.30/Watt. I expected it to be much lower. Any feedback on the setup and cost?

Please let me know if you know of any installer that is competent and reasonable in price.

BTW, my roof is metal steel shingle. So, firms like Solar City does not install on such roof.

There are quite a few SF Bay Area users on this forum you can speak with. I can tell you 4.30/watt is on the higher side from all the quotes I received for LG315s but not an extreme outlier. Your roof may be an issue adding to the price as well. I am no expert in such matters.

My installer has his pros/cons but I'm ok recommending him.

I think the biggest negative with my installer was the roof installation. He didn't use flashing in addition to sealant for the roof penetrations. It means I need to keep a closer eye out for roof leaks down the road.

Besides that he has been what I expected. He was fast...good about communicating back/forth...and his pricing was very competitive.

If your main criteria are competence and price he is a good fit.

I will send it via PM.

Comment

• J.P.M.
                Solar Fanatic
                • Aug 2013

Hi,

On the reluctance to work on the roof, that may be the only thing SolarCity gets right, if only out of self interest.

If the roofing material you write of is what I think it is, it's probably gauge metal thickness, and while suitable as a roofing material in the common sense and use of the term, can't usually be walked on.

As for price, now that the year end scramble is over, and net metering and the ITC extension seems resolved (?), $4.30/Watt seems high, but that price may reflect vendors' reluctance to deal with your roof.

Comment

• sanjoseman
                  • Dec 2015

Originally posted by J.P.M.

On the reluctance to work on the roof, that may be the only thing SolarCity gets right, if only out of self interest.

If the roofing material you write of is what I think it is, it's probably gauge metal thickness, and while suitable as a roofing material in the common sense and use of the term, can't usually be walked on.

As for price, now that the year end scramble is over, and net metering and the ITC extension seems resolved (?), $4.30/Watt seems high, but that price may reflect vendors' reluctance to deal with your roof.

Thanks for the post; Those who gave me a quote did not make a fuss about the roof. I have three questions:

1- What is the right price? I want have a sense before start bargaining.

2- How reliable are the LG315N1C-G4 panels with SolarEdge SE7600?

3- I also have a quote for SunPower SPR-X20-250-BLK-B-AC for $5/watt. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Comment

• J.P.M.
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Aug 2013

Thanks for the post; Those who gave me a quote did not make a fuss about the roof. I have three questions:

1- What is the right price? I want have a sense before start bargaining.

2- How reliable are the LG315N1C-G4 panels with SolarEdge SE7600?

3- I also have a quote for SunPower SPR-X20-250-BLK-B-AC for $5/watt. Any thoughts?

Thanks
                    If I were you, I'd start a new thread.

Comment

• sanjoseman
                      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by J.P.M.

If I were you, I'd start a new thread.

I create a new thread at https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum...a-i-e-bay-area

Comment

• NorCalX
                        • Nov 2015

I think I have PVOutput running correctly now

I have solaredge as primary with SOLAR as direction

I have wattvision as secondary with CONSUMPTION as direction

PVOutput.org - share, compare and monitor live solar photovoltaic output data

Comment

• NorCalX
                          • Nov 2015

Permission to operate granted this morning.

Beat the year end deadline by the slimmest of margins.

Comment

• Yaryman
                            Banned
                            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by NorCalX
                            Permission to operate granted this morning.

Beat the year end deadline by the slimmest of margins.
                            Still think you would have been OK because the application went in before year end.

Glad you don't have to find out if I was right.

Comment

• Afrmthabay
                              Solar Fanatic
                              • Aug 2017

Originally posted by NorCalX
                              I think I have PVOutput running correctly now

I have solaredge as primary with SOLAR as direction

I have wattvision as secondary with CONSUMPTION as direction

PVOutput.org - share, compare and monitor live solar photovoltaic output data
                              Awesome thanks for the pvoutput link I live in Brentwood and I am getting ready to purchase solar panels

Comment

• Afrmthabay
                                Solar Fanatic
                                • Aug 2017

NorCalX Hi I was wondering if you are using the rainforest eagle for energy monitoring to get consumption info on pvoutput . Thanks?
                                Last edited by Afrmthabay; 10-10-2017, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...