4.4 kW Solar PV Grid Tie System in San Diego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post
    Run PVWatts at both orientations and ratio the two.
    Okay, I'll have to figure out how to use that program and do that

Comment

Run PVWatts at both orientations and ratio the two.
      The beat goes on...

The PVWatts® service is down and cannot be used to calculate results.

Please go back to the SYSTEM INFO page, and then click RESULTS (it may just be a momentary problem).
      If the problem persists, please try later.

Comment

I corrected some grammar /spelling from the orig. text. (I still can't edit the normal way)
        Howdy J.P.M we are making progress, slowly. We might be ready to do some testing at the end of the week, worst case scenario early next week. I think it might be wise to get a few members involved in some testing, as you are still having issues it might be helpful to get SK and yourself to do a bit of testing before we go live, would that be ok? Cheers.

Comment

Hi All,

Just got an update here is my proposed electric bill cost with a 5% increase for my central A/C and heat system:

Current w/new A/C
          Annual Usage 4043 4245

Annual Cost 683 737

Monthly average 337 354

Mo. Average Cost 57 61

Average Cost per kWh annually 0.17

Comment

Originally posted by solar pete View Post
            Howdy J.P.M we are making progress, slowly. We might be ready to do some testing at the end of the week, worst case scenario early next week. I think it might be wise to get a few members involved in some testing, as you are still having issues it might be helpful to get SK and yourself to do a bit of testing before we go live, would that be ok? Cheers.
            Ya I can't edit either. Here is your issue:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'tagName' of nullisValidSelection @ selection.js:45check @ selection.js:74

elementIsNotEditField = node.tagName != 'TEXTAREA' && node.tagName != 'INPUT',
            let validSelection = isValidSelection(sel)

Comment

Originally posted by rfay View Post
              Ya I can't edit either. Here is your issue:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'tagName' of nullisValidSelection @ selection.js:45check @ selection.js:74

elementIsNotEditField = node.tagName != 'TEXTAREA' && node.tagName != 'INPUT',
              let validSelection = isValidSelection(sel)
              Thanks for that rfay, I'll get the it guys to look at that and see if it helps them, cheers.

The weird thing is I havnt had any editing issues for about a week

Comment

My comment was not in the nature of a bitch, but rather a description of a work around to avoid confusion by the double post, or responding to my own post.. I'm sure you don't like what's going on any more than I do. See PM. J.P.M.

Comment

Thanks for that rfay, I'll get the it guys to look at that and see if it helps them, cheers.

The problem must somehow be related to specific computers or maybe IP addresses.

I have no problem editing on this computer but still have issues on my home yet both use a version of Win 7 and Foxfire browser.

Comment

Great. Let me know if they need any guidance

Comment

My comment was not in the nature of a bitch, but rather a description of a work around to avoid confusion by the double post, or responding to my own post.. I'm sure you don't like what's going on any more than I do. See PM. J.P.M.
                      no worries J.P.M all is good

Comment

Update

Okay, need some advice pretty quickly.

I just got done talking with a much more experienced installer and he recommended the following system since my usages is actually pretty low. I was factoring in my new A/C as about 30kWh for 20 days for 4 months= 2400kWh on top of my current usage of about 4000kWh to roughty 6400kWh per year.

How this system would be the best bang for my buck to hopefully zero me out and keep me at a minimum in tier 1:

11- Axitec (AC-250P/156-60S) POLY BLACK/BLACK
                        11- Solar Edge P300 Power Optimizers
                        1- Solar Edge SE3000 Inverter

All roof mounting by a duro-last roofer for flashing and mounts for flat roof. I'm luckly am at 180° azimuth which is about perfect.

So all in all system should produce around 4,330kWh would rather pay a bit to SDG&E than to be selling it back so cheap.

Thoughts?

Since the system is pretty small it is going to be more expensive perr watt...

Comment

The size of the system looks more reasonable for your usage and the goal to keep in tier 1 but probably won't zero out your bill (was not sure what meant by "hopefully zero me out and keep me at a minimum in tier 1". This strategy tends to give you the quickest ROI but leaves little room for future demand (eg. an EV?). Also Axitec is not a commonly used panel with few performance and durability data points. Personally I'd select a more established brand. Canadian Solar and Trina panels are well made Chinese brands at very competitive pricing if the installer offers them. LG is slightly more expensive, but with more consistent quality and dependable performance as well as brand name recognition.
                          16xLG300N1C+SE6000[url]http://tiny.cc/ojmxyx[/url]

Comment

FWIW, I live in 92026 and use about 700 to 1,000 kWh/yr. on AC. Also, you are mounting on a flat (horizontal ???) roof. What's the panel tilt ?

Comment

Originally posted by thejq View Post
                              The size of the system looks more reasonable for your usage and the goal to keep in tier 1 but probably won't zero out your bill (was not sure what meant by "hopefully zero me out and keep me at a minimum in tier 1". This strategy tends to give you the quickest ROI but leaves little room for future demand (eg. an EV?). Also Axitec is not a commonly used panel with few performance and durability data points. Personally I'd select a more established brand. Canadian Solar and Trina panels are well made Chinese brands at very competitive pricing if the installer offers them. LG is slightly more expensive, but with more consistent quality and dependable performance as well as brand name recognition.
                              Thanks for the info. The company you know them well recommended this on my cheap, I want to break even in 5 yrs. plan. I do understand your points and will follow up with them. The LG panels are about $700 more or $500 more after the rebate. It may be worth that, but that's about another 10 months to 'break even' for the same kWhs...

Comment

FWIW, I live in 92026 and use about 700 to 1,000 kWh/yr. on AC. Also, you are mounting on a flat (horizontal ???) roof. What's the panel tilt ?
                                That's a good reference point thank you. The system I got installed is super efficient ducted mini split with (http://homeenergypros.lbl.gov/profil...lits-look-like) that is not my system but a point of reference. I got the following installed for any HVC nerd

Fujitsu AOU24RLXFZ 24,000 BTU Multi Zone Heat Pump R410a

Fujitsu ARU18RLF 18,000 BTU "Duct Type" Air Handler

Fujitsu ARU9RLF 9,000 BTU "Duct Type" Air Handler

So according to Fujitsu it takes about 30kWh per 9 hours of use per Air Handler (I have two one for my 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, and one for my living room and kitchen)

My goal is to come as close to zero'ing out the bill as possible.

I am open to suggestions and thoughts, but this would be the, 'Honda' of the solar systems nothing fancy, quick ROI and gets the job done. (some may argue LG panels would be more 'Honda' like..)

Comment

Working...
                                X