There is better stuff out there for at least $0.50/Watt less. Why pay more?
Try our solar cost and savings calculator
Most Popular Topics
Collapse
5.1KW Costco Solar System.
Collapse
X
-
-
Comment
-
Comment
-
Can you tell me what system I could get for less? what part numbers? links? etc. Thanks
I found a guy who is willing to install a system even if I don't buy it from him. He charges $1 per watt for the install. He also is going to send me quote but the said that for a 5kw system it will be around 20k... if I go with the Costco one and he install the system it will cost about 3k less than his own system.Comment
-
Google is your friend. But you can start here:Can you tell me what system I could get for less? what part numbers? links? etc. Thanks
I found a guy who is willing to install a system even if I don't buy it from him. He charges $1 per watt for the install. He also is going to send me quote but the said that for a 5kw system it will be around 20k... if I go with the Costco one and he install the system it will cost about 3k less than his own system.
Shop grid-tied solar systems from Unbound Solar. Offering the top brands and a varied selection of grid-tied solar system kits for sale online here.
This one is same or better system than GrapeSolar from Costco for $1.73/watt (w/o shipping):
But you should consider the specifics of your installation, if you have shading issues then micro inverters or Solar Edge system may provide a better return long term after paying a bit more up front. Also don't forget the cost of city permits and roof mounts, wires, EMT, A/C disconnect box, and likely dozen other small things.Comment
-
Terrible to pay too much. Worse to pay too little. You will get what you pay for or less, but that may be enough.Can you tell me what system I could get for less? what part numbers? links? etc. Thanks
I found a guy who is willing to install a system even if I don't buy it from him. He charges $1 per watt for the install. He also is going to send me quote but the said that for a 5kw system it will be around 20k... if I go with the Costco one and he install the system it will cost about 3k less than his own system.Comment
Copyright © 2014 SolarReviews All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 6.1.3
Copyright © 2026 MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2026 MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All rights reserved.
All times are GMT-5. This page was generated at 11:35 PM.
Comment