X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sensij
    Solar Fanatic
    • Sep 2014

At the beginning of the month, I had opened a support ticket through an installer account for API access (or equivalent) to panel data, but so far it remains open with no response.

Based on the API daily call limitation, I would guess they are worried somewhat about load on their server. The github code posted by jlv shows how to parse out the messages being sent from the inverter to the portal, which includes optimizer data. That is the only way I've seen to get at it outside of the portal interface.

For me, the module voltage is probably the most interesting thing to watch. It should be a good indication of the cell temperature and live data would improve my attempts to model the system. Beyond that, I'm not sure what I would do with direct inverter access... I already put in a 3rd party revenue grade meter that I can access through my LAN to improve the quality of the inverter output data. For anyone putting in the time to build automated local reporting outside of what SolarEdge provides, I would recommend using an external meter... why go to the trouble to capture data only reported within 5% accuracy, with no ability to synchronize that data to anything else (like net consumption)?
    CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

• acamato
      • Aug 2015

My system was installed earlier this week. They set me up as a privileged owner. What does admin access give you the ability to do?

1 - view the inverter screen remotely
      2 - set up yield estimating (interested in this, I could send the installer the data I want populated)
      3 - admin the site
      4 - API info w/o having to get it from the installer

anything else?

Comment

• sensij
        Solar Fanatic
        • Sep 2014

The only level of access that gets the "Admin" screen is actually installer level. They seem to have set you up as a sub-installer so that you could have a higher level of control. You can refer to this document for more information on what you can do. Homeowner access has three possible levels, none of which include the Admin tab, or any of the features available through it:

• The Dashboard role allows the system owner to access to the Dashboard tab only.
        • The Dashboard & Layout role allows the system owner to access the Dashboard and Layout tabs.
        • The Full access role allows the system owner to access the Dashboard, Layout, Chart, Reports and Alerts tabs.

Comment

• eb4three
          • May 2017

Hi All. I am new to Solar Panel Talk. I realize this is an old post but I have a question about Admin information to the Solaredge monitoring portal. My question is how does the Specific Panel information get entered into the portal? Is it automatically generated from the serial numbers/barcodes or does the Administrator have to input that information? I have a situation where the Panel information doesn't match the equipment purchased. Is this just an input error or something else. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• ButchDeal
            Solar Fanatic
            • Apr 2014

Installer puts it in you can open a ticket to have solaredge fix it.
            OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• sensij
              Solar Fanatic
              • Sep 2014

I don't think incorrect panel identification affects anything related to the data displayed, just labels, and maybe some of the other performance metrics. (I don't use those metrics, so I don't really know how they work). As Butch said, the panel information is all manually entered.

Comment

• eb4three
                • May 2017

Understood.. Butch and Sensij.. Thank you. I will have them fix it tomorrow.

Comment

• jlv
                  • Jun 2015

Yes, it's all entered manually.

This last winter after we'd had some snow, half my lower array was still covered. When I looked at the app, I realized that the panels on the arrays were entered upside down (the top row on the bottom). A quick email to my installer had them rotate the panels in the layout so that they now match the physical locations. It doesn't matter for anything other than you can correctly identify a panel physically in case there is a problem.

Comment

• inetdog
                    Super Moderator
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by jlv
                    Yes, it's all entered manually.

This last winter after we'd had some snow, half my lower array was still covered. When I looked at the app, I realized that the panels on the arrays were entered upside down (the top row on the bottom). A quick email to my installer had them rotate the panels in the layout so that they now match the physical locations. It doesn't matter for anything other than you can correctly identify a panel physically in case there is a problem.
                    Which suggests that if you are not sure whether your array is correctly entered, perhaps the easiest way to check is to partially shade one panel at a time.
                    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• ButchDeal
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by inetdog

Which suggests that if you are not sure whether your array is correctly entered, perhaps the easiest way to check is to partially shade one panel at a time.
                      If there is any shade at all then you can play through the day and easily see that something is amiss.
                      OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• sensij
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by inetdog

I had to do this, the installer for my system forgot to record any optimizer information. The problem is that the optimizers report instantaneous data at irregular intervals, so you need to apply the shade for 15 minutes to be sure you catch a reading. Long day if you have a lot of panels.

Comment

• jasonvr
                          Solar Fanatic
                          • Jun 2017

It looks like this process has been made a bit simpler. I've been going back and forth with my installer to get Admin access and pointed them at various info here. I even created my installer account in anticipation of having it set up as a sub-installer.

Today I got an email from SE:
                          Dear jasonvr,

Site name: xxxxx
                          User name: xxxxxx
                          User email: xxxxxx@xxx.net
                          User role: Full access
                          Site ownership: Granted

The SolarEdge team
                          I logged into the portal and now have the Admin tab available to me with "Site Details", "Site Access", and "Revenue" under my original email address (not the installer account I created). That means I can set up a public site as well as deal with my API key if I ever need to. However, I don't believe I can modify the layout if I ever needed to (like if my installer went under and I needed to replace a panel/optimizer). The key change seems to be the "Site Ownership: Granted". The last email I got said Revoked.

Is there any higher level of access that I could be granted, or is this pretty much the limit?

Comment

Working...