X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Poway
    • Feb 2015

Admin Access To SolarEdge?

My installer has given me full access:

"The Full access role allows the system owner to access the Dashboard, Layout, Chart, Reports and Alerts tabs."

He has also generated the API key etc. so I can have PVoutput monitor the inverter...

I was hopping to get Admin access. He has Admin access as the installer. Is there a way for installer to give me admin access (multiple admin allowed?)?

solaredge_admin.jpg

Not an issue for those of you who did own install but:

I can see where Installer wants Admin as he can see multiple systems with one login to solar edge ...
    I would like Admin because years from now may want to change something etc.

Any Ideas?
  • sensij
    Solar Fanatic
    • Sep 2014

I'm doing a test to see if it is possible to add an Admin with access to only one specific site. I'm not sure it will work...
    CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

• gvl
      Solar Fanatic
      • Mar 2015

Is it possible to just activate the online system myself? Who knows how much longer my installer will be around and most likely they won't be paying attention to my production anyway until I complain, so I'd rather just do everything myself to get full access from the start.

Comment

• sensij
        Solar Fanatic
        • Sep 2014

It looks like the minimum level of access required to adjust anything equipment related is "Account Manager", but unfortunately, as the highest level of access, it lets you do everything. There is not an intermediate level of access that would let you make changes to the equipment while protecting the rest of the installer's account. I would have guessed that "Account Engineer" would be the right level of access, but it is not.. apparently SolarEdge doesn't expect engineers who work for solar installers to do too much.

Comment

• sensij
          Solar Fanatic
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by gvl
          Is it possible to just activate the online system myself? Who knows how much longer my installer will be around and most likely they won't be paying attention to my production anyway until I complain, so I'd rather just do everything myself to get full access from the start.
          You would need to request an installer login from SolarEdge, which they grant freely, but sometimes it takes a couple days. Once you have that, you could do you own portal setup, if your installer doesn't mind.

With permission from my installer, I did my own setup, and added them as a system owner so they could still monitor the data if they want. It probably won't fly for the bigger installers, but if yours is flexible, maybe they won't mind. I made sure to include my installers logo on the page, just so they still get the publicity from it.

Comment

• gvl
            Solar Fanatic
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by sensij
            You would need to request an installer login from SolarEdge, which they grant freely, but sometimes it takes a couple days. Once you have that, you could do you own portal setup, if your installer doesn't mind.

With permission from my installer, I did my own setup, and added them as a system owner so they could still monitor the data if they want. It probably won't fly for the bigger installers, but if yours is flexible, maybe they won't mind. I made sure to include my installers logo on the page, just so they still get the publicity from it.
            Thanks, I'm going to look into this.

Comment

• Poway
              • Feb 2015

Thanks for running this down.
              Will contact installer.

I'm assuming the switchover would not effect existing PVoutput data (as long as done in evening) as the data is tied to PVoutput system name?

Comment

• sensij
                Solar Fanatic
                • Sep 2014

Right, the historical data for your system is stored by PVOutput system ID. If you create an SE installer account and a new portal site, your site ID and API key will change, but that won't affect any previous day's data. You can freely change PVOutput uploaders.

If you change uploaders at night, there is a chance that data from earlier in the day will get modified. I'd suggest doing the switch early in the morning if you want the data to be seamless.

Comment

• AaronG
                  • Sep 2014

I have Admin rights over my site. initially SE didnt want to give it and required authorization from my installer. I almost got pissed off and was going to raise hell because it is MY system, I OWN it, but my installer said Ok.

So they deleted my normal Owner profile. I had re-register and now I am an Installer (they said a "sub" installer, under my installer,) that can *only* see my system. So when I sign in, I dont get immediatly to the landing page where you see your site, I get a list of sites, and that site list contains only me.
                  [URL="http://tiny.cc/SOL"]21xLG305N1C+SE6K[/URL]

Comment

• sensij
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by AaronG
                    I have Admin rights over my site. initially SE didnt want to give it and required authorization from my installer. I almost got pissed off and was going to raise hell because it is MY system, I OWN it, but my installer said Ok.

So they deleted my normal Owner profile. I had re-register and now I am an Installer (they said a "sub" installer, under my installer,) that can *only* see my system. So when I sign in, I dont get immediatly to the landing page where you see your site, I get a list of sites, and that site list contains only me.
                    If you click on your name in the "Welcome" in the upper right, and choose "My account", you will see that you actually have access to all of the sites, even though your login landing page doesn't display it.

Comment

• AaronG
                      • Sep 2014

If you click on your name in the "Welcome" in the upper right, and choose "My account", you will see that you actually have access to all of the sites, even though your login landing page doesn't display it.
                      not for me. my Site List only shows my site.
                      no biggy.

Comment

• sensij
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by AaronG
                        not for me. my Site List only shows my site.
                        no biggy.
                        When you go to "my account" and click on the "Users" tab, what do you see? If it is only your own name, then your account was setup differently than what I described earlier in the thread, and I'd like to figure out how to do that.

Edit: I don't think there is a such thing as a "sub-installer" account. My guess is that by giving you your own installer login, they lost their installer access to the system. If there is such a thing, it isn't covered in any of the documentation, and may need SolarEdge tech support involved.

Edit again... just sent SolarEdge tech support a question on this.

Comment

• AaronG
                          • Sep 2014

When you go to "my account" and click on the "Users" tab, what do you see? If it is only your own name, then your account was setup differently than what I described earlier in the thread, and I'd like to figure out how to do that.
                          Just me.

First pic is where I get when I sign in. landing page, without clicking anything!
                          Second pic is where i get when I click top corner My Name, MyAccount, Site List.

Here is the text from SE support when I just did this April 29th. so maybe their NEW process allows for this, since I am real recent in getting admin rights (had install in Nov, but just got them now)
                          1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Comment

• sensij
                            Solar Fanatic
                            • Sep 2014

OK, thanks! The text in the 3.jpg is interesting. It definitely describes you as a sub-account (new to me), but also suggests that by giving you access in the way that they did, your installer had to give up the right to manage the account, which is consistent with my current understanding.

We'll see if I get a response back from SE on this.

Comment

• sensij
                              Solar Fanatic
                              • Sep 2014

OK, the SE tech helped me see how to add a sub-installer. On the primary installer's "my account" page, they see the following:

SE_Admin.JPG

By clicking, "add new installer" in the upper right, a sub-installer can be assigned. I've just initiated the process with another email address I have, and will follow up with more specific steps later on how it works.

Comment

Working...