X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ericf1
    • Oct 2014

Installation is in progress! Ironridge XR100 racking on Ironridge Flashfoot footings is almost up. Solaredge SE7600 is mounted.

Major components of this installation are:
    Ironridge XR100 Racking
    SolarEdge se7600a-us002nnu2 Inverter
    24 SolarEdge P300 Power Optimizers
    24 LG300N1C-B3 Panels

IMG_0628 (1).JPG

Each string will be a separate array of 12 panels, 3 high x 4 wide.

IMG_0623.JPG

Racking almost complete

IMG_0626.JPG

Facing due south, no shading issues.

Net metering request has been submitted and final inspection is expected tomorrow or Monday, depending on SDG&E and the city.
    24xLG300N+SE7600 [url]http://tiny.cc/n7ucvx[/url]

Comment

• thejq
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jul 2014

Looks good. Good luck with the inspection tomorrow. SDG&E has a few TOU plans that you might to consider. I have a feeling that system will more than offset your usage.
      16xLG300N1C+SE6000[url]http://tiny.cc/ojmxyx[/url]

Comment

• russ
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jul 2009

Looking good!
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• ericf1
          • Oct 2014

Thanks Guys. Moving along pretty well.

IMG_0644.JPG
          1 string of 12 panels up

IMG_0633.JPG
          One roof penetration

IMG_0641.JPG
          Inverter and new service panel. No surface/visible runs of conduit.

IMG_0640.JPG
          Safety switch

Looks like the crew is on track to finish up late today or early tomorrow. Hopefully SDG&E will be ready tomorrow.

Comment

• ericf1
            • Oct 2014

Panels and Racking complete. Just a few loose ends to tie up tomorrow, then wait on the city and SDG&E.

IMG_0651.JPG

Comment

• solar pete
              Administrator
              • May 2014

Hi, just poped in and read the thread, looks like a nice tidy job, gotta say your roof's in the states look a bit different to what I'm used to, cheers

Comment

• alienwulf
                • Jan 2014

Nice clean install can't ask for much more.

Comment

• ericf1
                  • Oct 2014

It's Alive!

Turned on the system this morning and the inverter found all 24 optimizers in just a few minutes. Got the zigbee gateway hooked up and verified the monitoring is working correctly. Unfortunately, no inspector today, so now I have to play the waiting game with the city and SDG&E. As of 1030 am when I turned the system off, it was generating 5.45 KW. Not bad for a February morning!

Comment

• SunEagle
                    Super Moderator
                    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by ericf1
                    Turned on the system this morning and the inverter found all 24 optimizers in just a few minutes. Got the zigbee gateway hooked up and verified the monitoring is working correctly. Unfortunately, no inspector today, so now I have to play the waiting game with the city and SDG&E. As of 1030 am when I turned the system off, it was generating 5.45 KW. Not bad for a February morning!
                    Congratulations. Lets hope for a quick and positive approval from the inspector.

Comment

• makarowski
                      • Mar 2014

Your system is about the same as I am looking at getting in north county... with the LG305 panel popping up in quotes this year... you got a good price... not seeing that with my current quotes (even with the LG300), but getting close.

Cheers

Comment

• ericf1
                        • Oct 2014

First Full Day Output

I ran the system all day, just to see how it would run. Amazingly, it outperformed PVwatts estimate for today by almost 15%, even though I reduced system losses to 9.6% (0 mismatch and 0 shading).

First Full Day.jpg

Peak output was 5.63KW @1130 and total production was 40.17 KWH.

Now, I'll turn it off until I can get an inspector out...

Comment

• sensij
                          Solar Fanatic
                          • Sep 2014

PVwatts is a long term estimating tool... day to day, month to month, even year to year fluctuations in weather can be significant. For a better comparison, spend some time with PVOutput.org and try to find systems with similar orientations to yours someplace near by. There is a Team San Diego you could join with some other members of the forum.
                          CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

• J.P.M.
                            Solar Fanatic
                            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by sensij
                            PVwatts is a long term estimating tool... day to day, month to month, even year to year fluctuations in weather can be significant. For a better comparison, spend some time with PVOutput.org and try to find systems with similar orientations to yours someplace near by. There is a Team San Diego you could join with some other members of the forum.
                            +1.

To the OP:

PVWatts provides LONG TERM ESTIMATES, of system performance. It is not a predictor of anything.

Read the PVWatts help/info screens for further information. Suit yourself, but until you do so, you are under a misapprehension.

Comment

• ericf1
                              • Oct 2014

Don't be raining on my parade sensij and J.P.M.! I do understand that PVwatts is just ballpark/long term and more for system planning (and that it tends to under estimate). But, it was the fist day on line, and I'm a bit enthused. Thanks for the link sensij. I was looking at the enphase and solaredge monitoring portals to compare, but PVOutput.org is much easier. Looking through the local systems there, it looks like the 5.58kwh/kw I had today is about as good as it gets without changing my tilt. I also saw a few screen names I recognized from here.

Anyway, the gist of my "first day online" post was that "I'm really happy with the system's initial performance and hopeful that it will continue to perform as designed or better, once the damn inpectors and SDG&E get off their butts". Is that better?

Comment

• J.P.M.
                                Solar Fanatic
                                • Aug 2013

Don't be raining on my parade sensij and J.P.M.! I do understand that PVwatts is just ballpark/long term and more for system planning (and that it tends to under estimate). But, it was the fist day on line, and I'm a bit enthused. Thanks for the link sensij. I was looking at the enphase and solaredge monitoring portals to compare, but PVOutput.org is much easier. Looking through the local systems there, it looks like the 5.58kwh/kw I had today is about as good as it gets without changing my tilt. I also saw a few screen names I recognized from here.

Anyway, the gist of my "first day online" post was that "I'm really happy with the system's initial performance and hopeful that it will continue to perform as designed or better, once the damn inpectors and SDG&E get off their butts". Is that better?
                                Since you ask: Better or worse has no meaning to me in the context of my opinion relative to what you write. From what you wrote in reference to PVWatts, and somewhat continuing your metaphor: your parade appeared to be going the wrong way down a one way street in a rainstorm anyway. It seemed to me that you were under the same ignorant notions as a lot of other folks with respect to PVWatts.

Your ignorance, or lack of it, with regard to solar estimating tools, or anything else for that matter, is your bliss and none of my business. However, IMO, it's reasonable to point out errors we all make, and ignorant misconceptions we all have (including mine) so that other readers will perhaps have additional, hopefully more accurate information, and so perhaps make better, or at least more informed decisions.

Comment

Working...