X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buellwinkle
    • Aug 2014

What company did you end up going with? Sunrun is giving me the sales pitch tomorrow.

Comment

• rbintl
      • Jul 2014

let me know how pitch from Sunrun goes?

Originally posted by buellwinkle
      What company did you end up going with? Sunrun is giving me the sales pitch tomorrow.

Bruellwinkle, I got the original pitch from Sunrun on Saturday and their initial offer was $4.12. I live in Laguna Hills. She called me back today (Monday) and reminded me they price match. I believe I can work her down but it's going to be a grind. I'm just going to have to find a way to show her a price match and have all the dogs fight it out and bring the price down. My goal is to get her in the low $3's or similar to like others on this thread? Let me know how your pitch with Sunrun goes and we can compare. You may have the same rep as I did? Her name is Kendra.

Comment

• rbintl
        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by darkhelmet

They were in the Costco store when I first talked with them. A quick google search for 'sunrun costco' will take you to their page that lets you fill in your info. It's kind of a stange setup since SunRun is doing the work but you are actually buying the Panels and Inverters through Costco. I'm not willing to upload my contract. I would really suggest getting quotes from some other vendors to get the cost down.

darkhelmet, did you end up closing with Sunrun? I'm trying to grind my rep down and getting other vendors to quote to bring down price on my desired system size. My start point was above $4 for you to bring them down was awesome and inspires me to just keep working it.

Comment

• jakewa
          • Aug 2014

solar panel installer in los angeles

this great list of solar forums,thanks for sharing with us.

Mod note - If you wish to advertise contact user name Jason - repeat attempts like this will cause you to be banned.
          Last edited by russ; 08-19-2014, 05:30 AM.
          [url="http://www.voltageriver.com/"]solar
          [/url]

Comment

• buellwinkle
            • Aug 2014

He went with someone else. Wanted to PM him, but I have post here 10 times before I can PM someone, so hopefully it's OK to release the vendor's name in on the forum.

Comment

• russ
              Solar Fanatic
              • Jul 2009

He went with someone else. Wanted to PM him, but I have post here 10 times before I can PM someone, so hopefully it's OK to release the vendor's name in on the forum.
              A name is fine - it shouldn't sound like an advertisement is all.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• darkhelmet
                • Jul 2014

I ended up going with Advanced Improvements in Anaheim, CA. They ended up matching the SunRun price of $3.15 per kw and were willing to put in writing that they cover labor to replace failed inverters/panels. I basically gave up about $400 in Costco cash to get a better warranty. Hopefully they will be around in 5-10 years should I need warranty work done....

Comment

• inetdog
                  Super Moderator
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by russ
                  A name is fine - it shouldn't sound like an advertisement is all.
                  And definitely not include a clickable link to the company website....
                  SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• rbintl
                    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by darkhelmet
                    I ended up going with Advanced Improvements in Anaheim, CA. They ended up matching the SunRun price of $3.15 per kw and were willing to put in writing that they cover labor to replace failed inverters/panels. I basically gave up about $400 in Costco cash to get a better warranty. Hopefully they will be around in 5-10 years should I need warranty work done....

Congrats, you set the bar high at $3.15 per kW. I have a lot of work to do. Need to grind these guys more.

Comment

• buellwinkle
                      • Aug 2014

Can you PM me the SunRun sale guy. I need to call him because the SunRun guy that came here wants a buck a watt more than that bid.

Comment

• rbintl
                        • Jul 2014

Can you PM me the SunRun sale guy. I need to call him because the SunRun guy that came here wants a buck a watt more than that bid.
                        Sunrun gal started me off at $4.12/watt DC. They are willing to bring price down if you can show similar system build quote from another company. I have one at $3.75 but nothing near the $3.15. I would like the Sunrun guy that quoted the low ball too. I'm in the Laguna Hills Area.

Comment

• buellwinkle
                          • Aug 2014

Best bid I got so far is $3.46/W on a 7.2KW system, LG 280W panels, Sunny Boy 7000 inverter from US Solar. Having one of my neighbors work it that works for a solar company and he thinks he can beat that even adding in optimizers at each panel. There's no sales guy involved to pay a commission to, so that helps.

Have not heard back from Sunrun, so the sales guy assigned is not very aggressive, maybe the same guy you got, David N. SunRun uses RecGroup 265W poly-crystalline panels, so all things equal, would prefer the LG 280W mono-crystalline panels. Just not a fan of the purplish/bluish poly panels, prefer the sleek black mono panels.

Comment

• rbintl
                            • Jul 2014

Best bid I got so far is $3.46/W on a 7.2KW system, LG 280W panels, Sunny Boy 7000 inverter from US Solar. Having one of my neighbors work it that works for a solar company and he thinks he can beat that even adding in optimizers at each panel. There's no sales guy involved to pay a commission to, so that helps.

Have not heard back from Sunrun, so the sales guy assigned is not very aggressive, maybe the same guy you got, David N. SunRun uses RecGroup 265W poly-crystalline panels, so all things equal, would prefer the LG 280W mono-crystalline panels. Just not a fan of the purplish/bluish poly panels, prefer the sleek black mono panels.
                            $3.46 is good, if you can lower better. My Sunrun gal was pleasant and not pushy but she did get back to me within 4 days for a follow up. Her name is Kendra. Sunrun is at $4.12 opening bid on a 5.2W system and she already said she will lower, I told her I would get back to her after I give other vendors a chance. I had the Solar America guys in on Friday and they were pie in the sky with an opening bid of $4.61 and had to show him the door really quick. He came back knocking and lowered to $4.16, I told him to take a hike and find another sucker. I've heard good things from a local company called Sullivan out of San Diego. Their guy is coming to house next week. My biggest issue is that i'm getting such a variance on the sizes of the recommended systems (5.2Kw - 7.75Kw) with the average coming around 6 Kw. As soon as I off junior status on this forum, I'll PM you more details.

Comment

• buellwinkle
                              • Aug 2014

We have SDG&E and on their site, I can look at my usage for the past 12 months and if I click on Solar, it gives me estimates to cover different amounts of my bill and 7KW was what it recommended to cover 98% of my bill. Also, it showed I had used is about 12,300 KWH and the formula I was given is ((annual usage/365)/5.5)/0.83 which is my case came out to a 7.38KW system. So those numbers kind of go together. I got bids rom 6KW to 8KW so I get it.

There's two schools of thought. One is to cover 100% of your usage. The other is to cover just the higher tiers, in my case 3 & 4 for SDG&E, or about 70% of my bills which average 37 cents vs. tier 1 & 2 that average 17 cents, about a 5.2KW system that gives you back a better payback. I did the math and the payback was about 6 years on complete system and 5 years on the 70% system. Each of us has different goals, but I want to cover my bill by 100% for personal reasons, not because it has the best ROI.

Comment

• darkhelmet
                                • Jul 2014

My SunRun person was Kendra too. She was good and got the price down pretty easily. Not sure if you can get them to lower the price by pitting SunRun against itself. She was very clear that they would meet competitor pricing though. I also met with Sullivan and they have a nice presentation but their pricing was high and they had no interest in negotiating.

Comment

Working...