Sol-Ark Owners what's your Web data update time?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ampster
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2017

That is great. The video helped me understand what they defined as "closed loop" communication. My open loop system relies on the failsafe mechanism being the contactor controlled by the BMS. My previous experience with an EV conversion had very good communication between the BMS and the motor controller and the battery charger. The production EVs that I now drive also have "closed loop" communication and I was hoping for that with my Skybox since I am using the same Orion BMS as my earlier Ev conversion

My earlier skepticism relates to my Skybox and the only CAN communication they have implemented is with LG Chem packs. Right now that is a non starter because LG Resu packs are off the market.
    Earlier you expressed concern about monitoring software messing with your firmware. It sounds like the batteries have the ability to change the inverter charging parameters. If it were my system I would implement some form of monitoring so I could better understand the dynamics of the charging and the interaction of the battery BMS with the inverter.
    Last edited by Ampster; 09-11-2021, 01:50 PM.
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• robbyg
      • Apr 2021

Originally posted by Ampster
      That is great. The video helped me understand what they defined as "closed loop" communication. My open loop system relies on the failsafe mechanism being the contactor controlled by the BMS. My previous experience with an EV conversion had very good communication between the BMS and the motor controller and the battery charger. The production EVs that I now drive also have "closed loop" communication and I was hoping for that with my Skybox since I am using the same Orion BMS as my earlier Ev conversion

My earlier skepticism relates to my Skybox and the only CAN communication they have implemented is with LG Chem packs. Right now that is a non starter because LG Resu packs are off the market.
      Earlier you expressed concern about monitoring software messing with your firmware. It sounds like the batteries have the ability to change the inverter charging parameters. If it were my system I would implement some form of monitoring so I could better understand the dynamics of the charging and the interaction of the battery BMS with the inverter.

I am glad that the video cleared up some things for you.
      I actually do have an interface that allows me to see and monitor all the cells in the Fortrex eFlex or an eVault battery.
      I have been so busy with work and finishing off things with the electrical room that I have not even had a chance to try it yet. My eFlex batteries each have Bluetooth boards in them and I have been asking Fortress when the App is going to be released so I can use it. I have been told for months that it is coming soon. It the meantime I was given an Interface board by my local dealer. It does not have a pretty GUI interface and is wired but it does the basics that the App will supposedly do. You cannot see the cell info in the video below but I am told that one of the tabs brings it up.
      You can see it in action here:

Comment

• robbyg
        • Apr 2021

Correction on that, the batteries have built in WiFi.
        Also the PC software has complete pack monitoring of voltages and currents and then drills down to cell monitoring and cell equalization tools plus you can see a list of faults if they have occurred and how many cycles the battery has had in its life time. It's a pretty comprehensive tool.

Comment

Working...