Hybrid Installers in WI

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreenLantern
    replied
    I live in the country and it seems like whenever it gets windy or we get storms the power goes out. I have a brand new Generac whole home generator. Since I've had it the power has gone out several times, and it's failed twice, despite passing every weekly test it does. It's under warranty and they are looking into it, but I'm not happy with it at all to say the least. It's also annoying that there is a delay between power outage and the generator kicking on, which means I have to run around the house and reset a bunch of clocks on things like stoves, microwaves, thermostats, etc. I'm hoping that the battery power will be fast enough that it's uninterrupted.

I am currently talking with a local solar installer and so far they seem good, but I guess I can maybe rephrase the question a different way. How do I know they are really good? I haven't had a lot of time to really research this and know what equipment is really good and what isn't. I want to make sure what I'm getting is the best I can get. I don't want to cut corners. I want it robust and reliable.

Maybe I'm just getting ahead of myself and need to wait to get details of the equipment they are planning to use and can post it here to get some feedback?

Leave a comment:

• SunEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenLantern
    I’m looking for a hybrid system installer. I’d like my system to essentially be capable of using 100% solar/battery power. Not ready to be actually off the grid, but I’d want my system to be capable of it.

Who is the best hybrid installer out there that will do a job in WI?

You can assume my budget can handle it and the goal is not to save money or have it eventually pay for itself. I just don’t want to be reliant on the power company any more.
    I guess my only question is, how bad is your power company concerning reliability?

Based on a lot of POCO's I have dealt with the usual issue of power losses is due to the customers location on the grid and not anything the POCO is doing or not doing to cause someone to not be connected to them.

Leave a comment:

• Ampster
    replied
    I have heard Tesla has good prices but there is a long wait.

Leave a comment:

• J.P.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenLantern
    I’m looking for a hybrid system installer. I’d like my system to essentially be capable of using 100% solar/battery power. Not ready to be actually off the grid, but I’d want my system to be capable of it.

You can assume my budget can handle it and the goal is not to save money or have it eventually pay for itself. I just don’t want to be reliant on the power company any more.
    If my budget could handle what sounds (reads) like what you want, I'd probably need to have pretty deep pockets.

If so, I'd hire an energy consultant/P.E. outfit familiar with what you want and who knows what/who's available in your area, and not rely on semi anonymous, unvetted opinion from strangers whose subject knowledge and veracity is unknown and unverifiable to you or most anyone.

Leave a comment:

• GreenLantern
    started a topic Hybrid Installers in WI

Hybrid Installers in WI

Working...