Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found Great Inexpensive Batteries with 10% Off Coupon

<link removed>

Mod note: No more links or sales pitches.

----------------------------

Coupon Codes: Energysavings, Climatechange
    10% Off

This is not spam!! Just sharing a positive experience.
    Most people only share negative reviews, I like to share love and light.

I am not making any money off of the post, I just think its important to share positive-real news with people.

Hello solar enthusiasts, I personally believe solar is worthless without a battery. (Sun doesn't shine 24 hours a day).
    I am just informed about markets and pricing; per kWh the Tesla Power-wall is the cheapest battery pack for 14 kWh at $7,000. How affordable is that to your everyday American?
    This companies is $1900 plus a 10% off coupon.
    I don't for a second believe I am spamming this forum, matter of fact I feel it more as a public service.

I personally can't stand our government, "not a Trump issue," they are all just corrupt thieves and I do not support government intervention. What ever the government touches or makes law, has unintended consequences.
    I believe in voting with your dollar and in the case of these batteries, people would be...

Realistically how often do people leave a positive review about something?
    I care about our environment, and I care about saving money and not giving it away to Utility companies, who especially in California, Do Not Provide Good Service.

When people are doing great things in industries I care about, I share.
    I don't like spreading negativity "there is enough of it in this world."
    Hopefully us solar enthusiasts can find a common ground!
    If someone found high quality solar panels for 20-25% of the normal cost and shared it on this forum, that would be exciting? Not 20-25% Off but 20-25% of the actual cost...
    I hope they would share it on this forum...

I personally vote with my dollar and buy from companies who are doing good things and wanting the best for there customers...

I only support mission based businesses!
    I am try to spread product knowledge and market awareness.

If you found solar panels for 1/5 of the cost to 1/4 of the cost would you want your fellow forum followers to know.

Best Regards,
    Last edited by sdold; 02-11-2020, 01:29 AM.

Originally posted by ReNewReUse

I personally believe solar is worthless without a battery. (Sun doesn't shine 24 hours a day).
    So my net metering solar that covers all my heat and electricity is worthless? Thanks for the spam

Comment

I checked out the link. The metric I use to evaluate prices of batteries is the cost per kWhr. 30% off is initially intriguing but without knowing a true list or msrp price it is hard to evaluate. Most of those items are used. I currently I have deployed used Nissan Leaf batteries some of which came from an entire pack of a wrecked Nissan Leaf and some from vendors like the above. I am familiar with that company and actually did some research on one of the principals or on a prior tenant of that building who several years ago recycled a lot of used electronics to China. I don't know if they are one and the same, but when I inquired about the capacity of the Nissan Leaf modules they could not give me an answer. I found another vendor that was more transparent.
      Last edited by Ampster; 02-11-2020, 02:34 AM.
      9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

My guess is that the low price is because the equipment is used. Well if the price makes sense then go for it. But if you do not have the $$$ to lose I would be very careful about purchasing anything from this site.

Comment

If your happy with your net metering, than I am happy for you.
          Beauty of Capitalism and a Free society is "Choice." If you like it buy two, if you don't like it, don't buy any...
          I have heard of plenty of horror stories of net metering, but if you are having a good experience (thumbs up emoji).

Personally I am anti-monopoly and these power companies essentially own you through net metering.
          Please correct me if I am wrong, I am open-minded.

I looked up the capacity through the site link and each Nissan Leaf is 500 Watt hours so .5 kWh.

I know that in the first year of Li-On batteries, they have a 10% degradation followed by I believe 1% a year or maybe a little more.
          So in theory if you are getting these used batteries already de-gradated, then you would have a longer battery life.
          Don't they throw away car batteries when they're like 80% full of capacity?

Also excuse my ignorance, I have read a lot about this, but by no means do I have many or all of the answers.

I also am just a value guy, why pay more if it's utilitarian value is the same.
          Branding and design are great, but I personally would rarely look at my battery pack.
          I look at it like my breaker box, unless somethings wrong, I don't look at it.

I just shared something that I would have liked to see on the forum.
          Last edited by ReNewReUse; 02-11-2020, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ReNewReUse View Post

If you found solar panels for 1/5 of the cost to 1/4 of the cost would you want your fellow forum followers to know.
            No. I would quietly buy them at 1/5 the cost and then resell them for three times what I paid. Everybody wins!

Dave W. Gilbert AZ
            6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

We just set up a solar only well pump for our camp owners in Mexico. They were spending close to $2,000.00 a year on gas to power their well pump. You'd have a hard time convincing them that solar only is worthless.
              2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post
                We just set up a solar only well pump for our camp owners in Mexico. They were spending close to $2,000.00 a year on gas to power their well pump. You'd have a hard time convincing them that solar only is worthless.
                Some places fuel cost is out of this world and it is easy to justify a different power source. Here gas costs about $2.25/gal. Although a quality solar powered pump and panels is not cheap either so I guess you have to do the math.

Comment

If your happy with your net metering, than I am happy for you.
                  Beauty of Capitalism and a Free society is "Choice." If you like it buy two, if you don't like it, don't buy any...
                  I have heard of plenty of horror stories of net metering, but if you are having a good experience (thumbs up emoji).

Personally I am anti-monopoly and these power companies essentially own you through net metering.
                  Please correct me if I am wrong, I am open-minded.
                  It probably depends on the Net Metering program. In California I actually will not pay anything for my electricity because of Net Metering. Before I put in solar I felt like I was at their mercy.

I know that in the first year of Li-On batteries, they have a 10% degradation followed by I believe 1% a year or maybe a little more.
                  So in theory if you are getting these used batteries already de-gradated, then you would have a longer battery life.
                  Don't they throw away car batteries when they're like 80% full of capacity?
                  I know a lot of EV drivers and I don't know anyone who threw away their car batteries at 80%. Many used Leafs are at 80% or less because Leaf batteries degrade faster in hot climates. Those Leaf batteries most likely came out of wrecks. The other batteries may have come out of telecom or medical uses where that 80% rule may be the case.
                  I just shared something that I would have like to see on the forum.
                  This is a solar panel forum and many here, who have backup batteries, prefer lead acid batteries and most are skeptical of used batteries anyway. Do you have a solar panel system off grid?

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
                    My guess is that the low price is because the equipment is used. Well if the price makes sense then go for it. But if you do not have the $$$ to lose I would be very careful about purchasing anything from this site.
                    Something about buying a pig in a poke maybe ?

Comment

The power company looks like a free, infinite capacity, 100 percent efficient, zero maintenance
                      battery to us on net metering. NONE of those things can be claimed by any battery you can buy,
                      and truly on site batteries do own you. But aside from continuous electricity, Net Metering frees
                      me from connecting to the gas company, something your batteries could not do. Bruce Roe

Comment

Originally posted by azdave View Post

No. I would quietly buy them at 1/5 the cost and then resell them for three times what I paid. Everybody wins!
                        Haha smart man, that's the way to do it!!!
                        Make Sugar-Water, add Carbonation and charge $2.29 for it "Magic"

Comment

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post
                          I believe solar is great, but not on its own.
                          The sun doesn't shine 24 hours a day, so when they want to pump water at night, the batteries would hold its storage.
                          Tesla's could have panels on top of them, but they use batteries to store power.

Comment

I believe solar is great, but not on its own.
                            The sun doesn't shine 24 hours a day, so when they want to pump water at night, the batteries would hold its storage.........
                            Interesting analogy. Actually they are doing the opposite in Germany. They have an excess of solar during the day so they are using old coal mines as reservoirs and pumping water to the top with excess solar. Then at night gravity powers turbines that turn that stored solar energy into useful electricity at night as gravity does the work.
                            Last edited by Ampster; 02-11-2020, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bcroe View Post
                              The power company looks like a free, infinite capacity, 100 percent efficient, zero maintenance
                              battery to us on net metering. NONE of those things can be claimed by any battery you can buy,
                              and truly on site batteries do own you. But aside from continuous electricity, Net Metering frees
                              me from connecting to the gas company, something your batteries could not do. Bruce Roe
                              You still have to pay them every month... Net Metering isn't free.
                              They essentially lower your bill, but its not Free, nothing in this world is free.
                              In two years or less the batteries would pay for themselves.

What was your power bill previously? Then what is your Net Metering bill now?
                              You earn credits at there lowest rate and when they bill you, you usually pay peak rates.
                              The biggest benefit is the $0 down with net metering.
                              Remember these power companies are in business to make money, and historically they have been know to make
                              a lot of money.

The Tesla Powerwall is $7,000 for 14kWh, BigBattery was $1,900 plus 10% off, so $1,710.
                              Apples to Apples that seems like a steal to me, especially because per kWh, Tesla is surprisingly one of the cheapest.

I am not off-grid, but my parents are building off-grid in Brazil.
                              I am helping them out so this is a perfect solution us.

Comment

Working...
                              X