New With Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ampster View Post

Where are you located? What is your highest rate on TOU?
    There's no TOU in my area I just saw that it was one of the modes configurable on the PW, I wanted the PW just for backup power, in FL after really bad hurricanes gas stations have hour long lines and if there's infrastructure damage they'll shut off propane lines to neighborhoods. However, the sun doesn't car about any of that so as long as my roof doesn't fly away I can have power.

Comment

Originally posted by LPG View Post

There's no TOU in my area I just saw that it was one of the modes configurable on the PW, I wanted the PW just for backup power, in FL after really bad hurricanes gas stations have hour long lines and if there's infrastructure damage they'll shut off propane lines to neighborhoods. However, the sun doesn't car about any of that so as long as my roof doesn't fly away I can have power.
      Glad to see someone do that for a risk management reason. Do you drive an EV that you can charge during those times instead of waiting in long lines at gas stations?
      Last edited by Ampster; 03-13-2019, 08:04 PM.
      9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Ampster View Post

Glad to see someone do that for a risk management reason. Do you drive an EV that you can charge during those times instead of waiting in long lines at gas stations?
        Yep, my gas station is my garage

Comment

There is a way to get PV power during grid down and the ability to add batteries, later that'll add about $4000 up front, if an 11Kw PV system is chosen here is the alternative: Sol-Ark 8kw hybrid inverter ($6500), Sol-Ark transfer hardware ($450), 36 Seraphim 305 W panels @ $149 ea.,36 Tigo TS4-r-f @$37.82ea., 1 Tigo RSS @$162 = $13838 + racking, wiring & installation. Basically The Sol-Ark inverter and transfer switch replacing a more conventional string inverter. With the Sol-Ark one can add 48volt batteries at any time to obtain 24 hour "back-up" and /or add a backup generator as well.

Comment

Working...
          X