No announcement yet.

Questions about my new Hybrid setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gotcha, so I need to clean up the wiring nightmare in there. So leaving the combiner going through the ground to my garage/Charging Controllers, are there 2 sets coming from the Combiner? 1 going to each charge controller, or just one set leaving the combiner, and the split at the end to split to 2 charging controllers?

Comment

and thanks for all the info guys, I really appreciate it. It always helps to understand what people are doing to your house

Comment

Originally posted by DickyDck View Post
        are there 2 sets coming from the Combiner? 1 going to each charge controller, or just one set leaving the combiner, and the split at the end to split to 2 charging controllers?
        Two sets, one for each charge controller.
        OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

drat, means I'll have to snake another set through about 30-50 yards of underground conduit.... or buy the bigger MPPT that Schneider makes. one route is more expensive, one is a lot more time consuming. Suppose it breaks down to time vs money.

Comment

New question on something I noticed today, first cloudless windless day here in VA in a while, getting a good 5.5kw average, but every so often. With no clouds or shade, it just stops completely and goes to "0.00" or the "-.--" almost like it hit some kind of soft reset. Is this normal? I'm wondering if my charge controllers are fritzing out or something, since technically on the tech specs, each charge controller handles a max of 3500w, and my array is a 7200w setup, is it maybe overloading?

Comment

Maybe high grid voltage disconnect ? Does it resume in 5 minutes ?
              Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
              || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
              || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
              gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

it comes back almost immediately, like within 10 seconds it starts creeping back up to 5.xx kw. I know when I yank the power from the inverter it has a 5 minute bootup countdown timer. It definitely isn't that. everything retains power, just the inverter humming insta-stops, drops to "-.--" and within a few seconds, it starts humming again and starts working again. doesn't happen in any consistent pattern that I can tell, tomorrow since I'm off work maybe I'll set my treadmill in front of it and watch it while running. Still need to order the combox so I can watch it from my PC desk....

Comment

here is what it does on video, I'm pretty sure this is not proper. It does this consistently.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/itJ1wub9Px2AxbRz7

Comment

was on the phone with Schneider, and they are saying it is because of my small battery bank, but the volts never drop down below what they are saying would cause this issue. I'm talking to the company that sold me the system now to see what they have to say. Schneider says the have always recommended a 440ah minimum for setups of my size, so why did the company price me out a 220ah battery bank...

Comment

WHY?

A lot of customers will pick the lower cost offering over a higher one...

Comment

Originally posted by neweclipse View Post
                        WHY?

A lot of customers will pick the lower cost offering over a higher one...
                        And with the reality that they probably do so with initial cost being their only consideration. Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I see both your points, but from a advertising aspect, I would want to make sure that the customers system works near perfect and get a good review, as opposed to what will be a mixed and mediocre review of this company when/if I get this system running properly. If it is in Schneider documentation anywhere (i haven't looked yet) that there are minimum AH suggested/recommended minimums based on size of array, I would have gladly paid for an 16 battery bank, or a different type of battery. to have a fully functional, smooth running system. I have been in communications with both the installer and Schneider on this issue, where I think the installer with their guarantee and warranties etc etc would be faster at getting the issue resolved. As neweclipse mentioned, customers will "pick" the lower cost offering, I was not given 2 options to choose from, if I were then I would be at fault for my choice.

Comment

Well the installer came out and disconnected the two CCs from comms with the inverter, even though schneider said that wouldnt fix the problem.... and low and behold it didn't fix the problem. so i am waiting for the next random guess the company will come up with.

Comment

unknown if this is just a Schneider setting or if all inverters have it, but LCBO Hysteresis, it isnt in the operation manual. What does it do, and what does adding/subtracting time from the default setting of 2 seconds serve?

Comment

Just an FYI, page 2-14 "Note: The minimum recommended battery bank is 440 Ah per inverter/charger." With a 220ah bat. bank @ 48v = 10,560wh / 20 = 528w, never pull more than that from that 6.8k inverter!

Make sure you set the maximum charge current for the battery in the xw and ccs with such a small battery bank and 120 amps from the charge controllers and 140 amps from the inverter.

@ a c/10 it would be 22amps

Not sure if you have a Combox and or SCP

WX->charger settings->
                                Maximum Bulk Charge Current 22a
                                Maximum Absorption Charge Current 22a
                                Maximum Float Charge Current 22a

XW->controls
                                Is grid support on?

XW->charger settings
                                Is charge cycle set to 2 stage? (and in the charge controllers set to 3 stage?)

XW->grid support
                                Is grid support voltage set to 64v?

XW->grid voltage support
                                Is GVS set to disable?

Also why did you not get 2 80-600s, and run high voltage with no combiners?

Take Care,
                                Neil
                                Last edited by goodoleme; 11-02-2018, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X