Over the Internet battery bank monitoring

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SolarIslander
    • Dec 2015

Hi Extrafu (is that Extrafu as in Excel Extrafunction add-in or as in "Extra-fun" with solar ...?)

Any luck with your remote Combox access via dynamic DNS and port fowarding?

Was thinking of starting a separate thread on "Low power off grid Wi-Fi options" Sounds like you have a reflashed Linksys Router - would be interesting to put a Kill-O-Watt meter on it and see how much that draws over a typical day to add into the load spreadsheet.

Yours - SolarIslander
    Last edited by SolarIslander; 02-25-2018, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Matrix
      Solar Fanatic
      • Oct 2017

I gave up on DNS Port forwarding for both my Schneider SW and MidNite Classic because I could not find a free service that would work with my modem / router. Both of their local apps are great when on the same network, but did not want to mess any further with port forwarding.

Enter Remote Desktop Software (think Go to My PC). Some cost, but there are several free for personal use options. I have been using TeamViewer for almost a month now and it has been flawless. Works on phone, and on a tablet as well as other computers anywhere. BUT ... requires a computer to be on and an internet connection at the controls location. And you would also have to have the local area network control software already set up for the device, so it would not work for say a classic lite which does not work with the MidNite Solar local app. So might not work for every one or at a remote cabin, etc.

But with it I can see and do everything just like I am home. View and monitor all aspects as well as control all features like I was sitting at the computer at home. Very handy if you can leave a computer up
      Last edited by Matrix; 03-27-2018, 09:06 AM.
      285Wx9 / MNClassic 150 / CSW4024 / TrojanL16H-ACx4

Comment

• extrafu
        Solar Fanatic
        • Apr 2016

SolarIslander I didn't need port-forwarding after all, I simply connected the ComBox on Conext Insight.

Comment

• SolarIslander
          • Dec 2015

Extrafu

Neato - So you are seeing all of your production logged remotely. Can you remotely make changes in your configuration too? Not yet familiar with all of what Conext Insight does - I thought it was a cloud based production aggregator kind of software.

Comment

• extrafu
            Solar Fanatic
            • Apr 2016

SolarIslander I indeed see all production/usage logged - just like on the ComBox itself. I can't make configuration changes but that is ok for me right now as I haven't done any changes on the system after tuning it for a little while.

Comment

Working...