New APS rate plans are good for solar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ImInPhxAZ View Post
    To be even talking about 0-600kwh or 600-1000kwh makes me envious of your northern location. Phoenix consumption I get below 1000 in winter and see 3000+ in summer.
    To temper your jealousy a bit, you might want to know that my array of 24 panels (REC 290TP) is producing a grand total of about 50 W right now, near high noon, in Eastern WA. The lights are all on inside the house, and outside it looks something like a scene from The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

Comment

Curious if anyone has gotten on one of these new APS plans yet?

Comment

thansk you for share!

Comment

Sorry to ask the question here: I can' post new top in the forum as there is no option to post for my new account . I can only post a reply, NOT new topic. Please help me.

Comment

Help, I'm a new user and I can't post new topic, please help.

Comment

Originally posted by monogram View Post
              Sorry to ask the question here: I can' post new top in the forum as there is no option to post for my new account . I can only post a reply, NOT new topic. Please help me.
              have to wait for admin to approve ya, you ARE on the radar
              Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
              || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
              || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
              gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Hi Mike, I have been waiting for the Admin to approve but still no response yet

In the mean time, I have a question regarding my new setup: I'm planing to add an additional Panel into my design but my concerned was the voltage different between the 2 panel: the spec for one panel was 30.7V max @ 8.1A while the other panel was 38V max @ 9.8A. Can I connect those 2 together in parallel to get 19A for my 24V battery bank? See attached file for my system schematic.
                http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...34125330264196

Comment

You'll be approved as soon as we finish your background check. There is a parking ticket from a few years ago that concerns us.
                  Just kidding, of course The admins are pretty busy but they'll get to it shortly, thanks for hanging in there. Here's your schematic for those who aren't comfortable clicking on outside links:

schematic.jpg

Comment

Thank you Steve.
                    For some reason, I can't open any of the JPG that posted along the topics, does anyone know why?

(I can't open the schematic.jpg from post #22 either)

Comment

Maybe a new user can't see attachments until he's been "approved" by the admins. In the meantime we (moderators) will do the best we can to approve your posts.

Comment

Thanks Steve.

While waiting for admin to approve, can anyone please help me on this:

I have a question regarding my new setup: I'm planing to add an additional Panel into my design but my concerned was the voltage different between the 2 panel: the spec for one panel was 30.7V max @ 8.1A while the other panel was 38V max @ 9.8A. Can I connect those 2 together in parallel to get 19A for my 24V battery bank? See attached file for my system schematic.
                        http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...34125330264196

Comment

Im a bit confused. . . charging for the use of solar panels? I thought they were supposed to help you go more "off grid" if you will, ergo not having to pay out as much as most do now. Also I might suggest this . . .

MOD NOTE: Please do not attach web links without first getting permission.
                          Last edited by SunEagle; 03-23-2018, 01:36 PM. Reason: removed link and added MOD note.

Comment

I live in Litchfield Park AZ. We had 12.5 KW solar system installed last year in order to meet grandfather clause. After many design delays from APS, we finally went live in December of 2017. My monthly bill as been running between $22.00 and $25.00 a month. Currently I have almost 6000 kwh's banked and on track to have over 10,000 kwh's by the end of the year. I am on APS's standard plan. Can anyone give me a rough amount one that I would receive back from APS for 10,000 kwh's? On the face it would appear that we installed a larger system than we needed. This house is a second home, which will become our main home when we retire in a few years. So right now we are only there every 4 to 6 weeks thus the excess power. Any helpful comments would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1958 View Post
                              Can anyone give me a rough amount one that I would receive back from APS for 10,000 kwh's?
                              I don't know the details of that plan but I assume they will credit you the wholesale value which might be around $300. I'm with SRP in Gilbert and I get wholesale value in credit or cash at the end of SRP's fiscal year on April 30th. I usually have enough excess production in fall, winter and spring to cover my connection fees in the summer, just wish they didn't zero out the account right before I have the most need. Still a good deal for us. We are on SRP Basic plan (best for us because our generation matches of our needs) and were grandfathered before the Dec 2104 changes.

We have a 6.6kWh system and with conservative A/C use we have had zero net billable energy for 3 straight years now. My connection fees are currently $12 a month but in 2019 it will go up to $22.
                              Last edited by azdave; 08-22-2018, 04:27 PM.
                              Dave W. Gilbert AZ
                              6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

You may be better off giving up your grandfathered status and going with one of the new rate plans that instead of giving you kWh credits, just pay you 12.9c/kwh for all your excess generation. That is a really generous rate which may change at the end of August so don't delay - call APS and see what they would advise you to do.
                                BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

Working...
                                X