Why isn't Storedge Interface available for HD wave inverters in USA?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ButchDeal
    Solar Fanatic
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Markyrocks69
    Omg really.... you are a paid troll. Just admit it.
    I guess someone doesn't like it when reality crashes their dream world.
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• Markyrocks69
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jun 2019

Originally posted by ButchDeal

I guess someone doesn't like it when reality crashes their dream world.
      Honestly I couldn't care less about solaredge or whatever. Just the fact that your trolling around and quoting me on something I said 2 months ago.

You never answered my previous questions . What is the failure rate of solar edge inverters and the optimizers? You work for solaredge I'm sure you have those numbers available.

Comment

• ButchDeal
        Solar Fanatic
        • Apr 2014

Honestly I couldn't care less about solaredge or whatever. Just the fact that your trolling around and quoting me on something I said 2 months ago.
        Then why are you constantly quoting miss information about SolarEdge (among others).

You work for solaredge
        again. NO, I do not, and never have.

Comment

• Markyrocks69
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jun 2019

Then why are you constantly quoting miss information about SolarEdge (among others).

again. NO, I do not, and never have.
          "Constantly "... considering I'm hardly ever on here that's a stretch.

Solaredge failure numbers and go!!

Comment

• ButchDeal
            Solar Fanatic
            • Apr 2014

"Constantly "... considering I'm hardly ever on here that's a stretch.
            You joined in June and already have 222 posts...thats about 55 posts a month and your solaredge posts https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/search?searchJSON=%7B"keywords"%3A"solaredge"%2C"a uthor"%3A%5B"Markyrocks69"%5D%2C"sort"%3A%7B"relev ance"%3A"desc"%7D%2C"view"%3A""%2C"exclude_type"%3 A%5B"vBForum_PrivateMessage"%5D%7D&btnSubmit=

(https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/searc...%7D&btnSubmit=)

Mods: why are URLS so messed up after the rebuild?
            Last edited by ButchDeal; 10-07-2019, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• Markyrocks69
              Solar Fanatic
              • Jun 2019

If you're not willing to talk about failure numbers then you have proven your bias. You have said you work in the solar industry. Equipment fails sometimes. How often does solar edge equipment fail? You're the one with the experience, let us hear about real world numbers.

Comment

• ButchDeal
                Solar Fanatic
                • Apr 2014

If you're not willing to talk about failure numbers then you have proven your bias.
                As I have repeatedly told you, I do not work for nor have I ever worked for SolarEdge.
                You do not as well and you do not have direct knowledge either on their failure rate.
                My experience with them is a low rate of failure on optimizers and inverters.

You have said you work in the solar industry. Equipment fails sometimes. How often does solar edge equipment fail? You're the one with the experience, let us hear about real world numbers.
                And Just like a troll you change to unrelated details every time. The topic is about StorEdge interface available in the US.
                You changed it to talked about miss information on the HDWave inverters and now trying to change to failure rates which you have done before in other threads.

Comment

• Markyrocks69
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Jun 2019

"Your experience is low failure rate " I'd like to know exactly how you came to this conclusion considering you have said you are a designer. You draw stuff and come up with parts lists. You don't install and they don't call you when something breaks and you surely aren't the person that goes and fixes a problem if there is one. I do have news for you. The internet disagrees with you. The failure rates seem to be high.

i can change the subject to whatever I want just like you have the ability to ignore the change. Your problem is I'm talking about a manufacturer and you act like I'm talking about you when I criticize them. Get a life, cash your checks from solaredge and move along.

I honestly don't care about solar edge watching you bend over backwards to defend them is hilarious tho.

Comment

• ButchDeal
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Apr 2014

"Your experience is low failure rate " I'd like to know exactly how you came to this conclusion considering you have said you are a designer. You draw stuff and come up with parts lists. You don't install and they don't call you when something breaks and you surely aren't the person that goes and fixes a problem if there is one. I do have news for you.
                    Again you are wrong about me and what I do which is surprising because I have explained it to you before. I am a trouble shooter. I also trained designers and handle monitoring.
                    Installers do call me, and more so since we do monitoring, we call them...

i can change the subject to whatever I want just like you have the ability to ignore the change.
                    Not really how threads work in a forum.

Your problem is I'm talking about a manufacturer and you act like I'm talking about you when I criticize them. Get a life, cash your checks from solaredge and move along.
                    Again for the super dense Marky rocks for brains, I don't work for SolarEdge.

I honestly don't care about solar edge watching you bend over backwards to defend them is hilarious tho.
                    I haven't defended anyone, rock head, I have only Corrected your misstatements which are getting enumerable.
                    Last edited by ButchDeal; 10-07-2019, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• J.P.M.
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Aug 2013

Again you are wrong about me and what I do which is surprising because I have explained it to you before. I am a trouble shooter. I also trained designers and handle monitoring.
                      Installers do call me, and more so since we do monitoring, we call them...

Not really how threads work in a forum.

Again for the super dense Marky rocks for brains, I don't work for SolarEdge.

I haven't defended anyone, rock head, I have only Corrected your misstatements which are getting enumerable.
                      This is almost as entertaining as Ampster and me. Keep it up and I'm going to get the popcorn and settle in.

Comment

• Steeler.Fan
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Feb 2013

While chatting with a LG Chem battery supplier today, I asked if they heard when the storedge interface would be available in the USA. He responded "no. Some of our customers have bought the SISTE 4 SolarEdge Interface from suppliers in Germany." Can I install a SISTE 4 Storedge Interface purchased in Australia or Germany in a system in the USA?

Comment

• Ampster
                          Solar Fanatic
                          • Jun 2017

Give it a try and report back. LOL. I don't have the resources to be guinea pig. I already have a SolarEdge 3.8HD inverter and a Outback Skybox. Outback has promised a firmware upgrade so I can AC couple the Skybox to the SolarEdge. There have been moments when I wish I had installed a StorEdge or moments when I thought about the StoreEdge interface to my HDWave inverter.
                          The other question is when is the SolarEdge battery coming out? Lots of moving targets in that space right now.
                          9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• Steeler.Fan
                            Solar Fanatic
                            • Feb 2013

Here is the Sept 2019 press release: SolarEdge is upgrading its StorEdge inverter by transitioning to HD-Wave technology and providing a new backup interface. The new StorEdge inverter is designed to support connection to backup generators or up to three StorEdge inverters with each DC coupled to two batteries."

Did they mean ... up to three StorEdge interfaces with each DC coupled to two batteries?

Furthermore it said, "SolarEdge will also launch a new backup StorEdge interface that raises available backup power and eliminates pre-defining loads for simplified energy management. The new StorEdge offerings are expected to be available in Q4 of 2019." Is this the long awaited SESTI 4 interface for NA HD Wave inverters? I have written to SE support but they are extremely evasive.

Comment

• PugPower
                              Solar Fanatic
                              • Oct 2019

I think the Enphase Ensemble solution looks pretty good to me. Upgradable, works with older hardware, seems to be a simple plug & play solution. What's not to like? I just installed a SolarEdge HD Wave 6000 inverter last week. I hope they come out with something similar in the future to provide back-up capability.

Comment

• Steeler.Fan
                                Solar Fanatic
                                • Feb 2013

SolarEdge is promising to make their battery available in 1st Qtr 2020. If they finally release the SESTI 4 StorEdge interface in the US this Qtr, you would be able to have a DC-DC (DC->AC ~4% loss) coupled battery, which is much more efficient than an AC (DC->AC, AC->DC, DC->AC ~4+4+4=12% loss) coupled battery see link below.. I think it would be worth the wait for the anticipated StorEdge Interface and DC-DC couple to LG Chem or new SE battery.

There are two primary ways of connecting solar panels and batteries: AC coupling and DC coupling. We cover the key differences.
                                Last edited by Steeler.Fan; 10-23-2019, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Working...