Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steeler.Fan
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2013

I purchased a new SE7600H-US000NNV2 and a new SE EV Charging cable kit both at good discounts on eBay. I read somewhere that I can't install a DC-DC coupled battery directly to the SE7600H-US000NNV2 inverter, presumably because of the EV battery's presence.

Of course, I am using an experienced licensed electrician and licensed electrical engineer to install and design my system.

I am planning on capturing some of my excess solar generated DC power in a DC coupled battery (or 2) to reduce clipping. I can avoid clipping on the SE7600H-US000NNV2 by trying to have a imcompletely charged EV connected during the predicted maximum potential clipping time (12p-3p in May-July) and/or configure my strings to reduce clipping on this inverter. On my SE10000H-US inverter, I plan to have 1-2 batteries connected DC-DC to help me to minimize inverter clipping. (Hopefully the StorEdge Interface for NA HD Wave inverters will be available by the end of this year or maybe the soon to be released SolarEdge battery will have a DC-DC interface built-in, Dream on!)

Comment

• Steeler.Fan
      Solar Fanatic
      • Feb 2013

If I connect 47x330w panels to my SE10kw, my total DC input is 15.51kW. Would this void my warranty? This HD Wave inverter oversized by 1.55 = 15.5kW. Should I instead connect 45x330w and 2x325w, which would give me 1.55 even? My supplier carries both 325w and 330w.

Comment

• J.P.M.
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Steeler.Fan
        If I connect 47x330w panels to my SE10kw, my total DC input is 15.51kW. Would this void my warranty? This HD Wave inverter oversized by 1.55 = 15.5kW. Should I instead connect 45x330w and 2x325w, which would give me 1.55 even? My supplier carries both 325w and 330w.
        What did your experienced, licensed electrician and your licensed electrical engineer have to say when you asked those same questions of them ?

Comment

• Ampster
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jun 2017

I purchased a new SE7600H-US000NNV2 and a new SE EV Charging cable kit both at good discounts on eBay. I read somewhere that I can't install a DC-DC coupled battery directly to the SE7600H-US000NNV2 inverter, presumably because of the EV battery's presence.
          It has nothing to do with the EV battery which is charged with AC.
          I am planning on capturing some of my excess solar generated DC power in a DC coupled battery (or 2) to reduce clipping. I can avoid clipping on the SE7600H-US000NNV2 by trying to have a imcompletely charged EV connected during the predicted maximum potential clipping time (12p-3p in May-July) and/or configure my strings to reduce clipping on this inverter. On my SE10000H-US inverter, I plan to have 1-2 batteries connected DC-DC to help me to minimize inverter clipping. (Hopefully the StorEdge Interface for NA HD Wave inverters will be available by the end of this year or maybe the soon to be released SolarEdge battery will have a DC-DC interface built-in, Dream on!)
          I don't think the EV charging adapater will resolve your anticipated clipping issue. As I mentioned above the EV is charged with AC which is produced after the DC clipping. I too am interested in what the DC coupling solution for the HD Wave will look like when it comes to the US. Apparently it is available in other countries.
          9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• Steeler.Fan
            Solar Fanatic
            • Feb 2013

I am still awaiting a reponse from my licensed electrician and your licensed electrical engineer on whether or not 15.51 is acceptable for 155% oversize of SE10kW inverter. They take much longer to give me answers than this forum does!

Comment

• ButchDeal
              Solar Fanatic
              • Apr 2014

I am still awaiting a reponse from my licensed electrician and your licensed electrical engineer on whether or not 15.51 is acceptable for 155% oversize of SE10kW inverter. They take much longer to give me answers than this forum does!
              I am not sure why you think a licensed electrician or electrical engineer will be able to tell you about the Warranty from SolarEdge. Their Documentation is pretty specific that 15.5kW on an SE10000H is the limit. You can ask SolarEdge for an exception and if they send you one then you will be covered but no one else can answer for them, other then the documented reply.

Last edited by ButchDeal; 09-16-2019, 02:27 PM.
              OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• ButchDeal
                Solar Fanatic
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Ampster
                It has nothing to do with the EV battery which is charged with AC.

I don't think the EV charging adapater will resolve your anticipated clipping issue. As I mentioned above the EV is charged with AC which is produced after the DC clipping. I too am interested in what the DC coupling solution for the HD Wave will look like when it comes to the US. Apparently it is available in other countries.
                This is correct. The EV charger is NOT DC coupled and will do nothing to reduce OP clipping.
                A DC coupled battery would but there is currently no such solution for that.

It would be further possible that a DC coupled solution may skip the SE10000h in favor of the SE11400h as they have done with other solutions like EV charging.
                OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Working...