Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LG330e1c with Enphase Micro Inverter vs LG300S1c-with Solar Edge /w Power Optimizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdold View Post
    What do you have, the M190s? A friend and I installed 26 total M215s four years ago, so far no failures with many days over 100 degrees.
    I have the M190s hooked up to the M190s, my roof is not shaded and gets direct sun for over 3/4th of the day. In the morning it only gets what comes over the North side of the house as the sun rises it hits directly on the South side of the house till dark. I get temps of over 100 degrees in the summer... These were installed sometime in 2010 or 2011. Nothing but problems with the inverter failures. When they are working they do a very good job and save me lots of cost for power. I have noticed that it seems the electric company is doing something different lately because my savings is not as much as it used to be for sure. I have the new electronic net metering that goes in reverse when I'm generating more power than I'm using and then in the evening it goes forward again. Still I think overall it was a good investment. My panels are paid for and have been for years. SRECs are toast and not worth anything of late I think my SRECs are like around $12 now so not really worth the trouble for sure. I have SunTech STP185S-24/Adb+ x 34 for panels max 185W each They currently are under my deck in two stack of 17 panels because I had to have the roof replaced. They will be reinstalled again on Monday 8/20/2018 back on my new roof. Getting a new roof has been a real interesting ordeal for sure. Something I'd much prefer not to go through again... lol...
    Last edited by Kenshop; 08-19-2018, 10:04 PM.

Comment

I have 21 panels with Enphase M215 and never a problem in 7 years. ...

I am thinking of adding ~6 more panels and heard I may have to use newer micros and heard (anecdotally) that the modem component can be expensive...

Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
      X