No announcement yet.

Sunpower X22-360 Performance Degradation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ehunter - would you be willing to post a picture of your panel layout on another site that is publicly accessible with a link on this forum, or email it to me at jhs24 at email.byu.edu?

Comment

The layout I'm referring to is like this one (it shows only a partial panel layout).

http://www.mangles.net/fun/projects/.../Captureb1.JPG

Comment

From the screen shot you put up, all you have to do is use the arrow on the left side and compact your panels. Then you han drag the split scteen down to show more of your panels.

Comment

Originally posted by jhs24 View Post
          I just had 32 sunpower panels installed. X22-360 AC with microinverters. My dealer tells me he can't get the panel arrays lined up like I want on the https://www.sunpowermonitor.com/partner/partner.aspx# website. Can someone post a picture of how their panels look on that website please?

Can someone post a picture of how their panels look on that website please?

Does anyone know how to let me put a picture on this forum? It says I don't have authorization to post attachments.
          Try this

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Mz...=w1748-h983-no

Comment

Originally posted by jhs24 View Post
            ehunter - would you be willing to post a picture of your panel layout on another site that is publicly accessible with a link on this forum, or email it to me at jhs24 at email.byu.edu?
            Email sent... I tried to attach pic here but I get an error message saying I am "Not authorized to create or remove attachments" here.

At the moment my array is shadowed and the day before, fogged in until about 1pm. Completely fogged in on the 28th.

BTW - I dont think the graphics for my panels show the actual correct sequence. I wonder if I have control over that?

Comment

rushclimber - The issue is not seeing the panels. The issue is my dealer doesn't have the panels laid out correctly on the web site.

Comment

Ehunter - You don't have control over the layout. I just had my dealer call in to sunpower technical to get some stuff on the website fixed. Here is the info to call in.

Make sure you have the PVS serial number and the panel layout serial numbers if you want them to switch them around. I have not asked them to change any serial numbers on my setup, but if anyone could, it would be these guys. You will need to already have verified for yourself which numbers are where on your roof if you want something changed....so you can tell them exactly what is in the wrong place on the website. (IE: Tell them you have a solution and need their help, and you have all the info to do it because you dealer didn't put it in right).

SunPower Technical Support | Customer Care and Engineering Services
                GBFS | office 1.800.SUNPOWER | technical.support@sunpowercorp.com

Comment

Originally posted by mshasib View Post
                  Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I was also able to connect to the monitoring system locally and was able to pull data for individual modules. The data seems to point to an issue with one module. Attached are the graphs I obtained.

Am I correct in identifying the failing module based on the graphs?
                  Solar Panel 3.jpgSolar Panel 1.jpg
                  To the OP, how were you able to connect locally to the SunPower monitor? I'm wanting to do the same thing.

Comment

Hello everyone, good tips in here.
                    I wanted to weigh in on the topic.
                    I have a 27 panel X22-360 array and after almost a year of back and forth, finally had the microinverters swapped out.
                    Of course, I saw an instant jump in production as I was way below normal and I could show it over the almost 3 years of production.
                    Of course I have horrible customer support from my installer but I guess Sunpower made them do it.
                    I would bet money all panels are not producing because for the one day, I noted a whole 'string' or circuit of panels producing nothing.
                    Same thing happened @ PTO turn up. Was showing around 45KWh a day and was thinking that was cool but then they hooked up that last group and I'm in the mid 60's.
                    I called and was told to wait 24-48 hrs for it all to catch up...lol. Excuse me if I don't buy that line.
                    Once I have some visibility, I will post some stats. I did see much better production today but the app shows that red error and says my system is not reporting or has an issue of some sort.
                    Guess I will be patient for a couple days.
                    I'm in SoCal btw.
                    I have the new MI model # if anybody is curious.

Comment

Originally posted by rushclimber View Post
                      Cool, thank you. I'm waiting on my install. bought 90 x-22-360-ac panels. about a month away from the projected install date. but was concerned about not being able to monitor all the micro inverters. Glad the link works! Thank You..
                      Ok, I admit panel envy.

My city made me eliminate my 28th panel...SoCal is pathetic.

Comment

As you can see, microinverters can really hurt production and how do we really know something is amiss. I still can't see panel info and I suspect I have some panels down.
                        Attached Files

Comment

The partner site does show a lifetime graph that really shows the big picture I noticed.
                          I can see now exactly when my production started to decline and it was in the first year already.

Comment

Originally posted by 10kredline View Post

To the OP, how were you able to connect locally to the SunPower monitor? I'm wanting to do the same thing.
                            I am also curious on how I can connect locally to get this data.

Comment

Working...
                            X