Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingram
    Max kWh Produced in a day - 59 kWh
    One Year Production - 10,580 kWh in 2017 (System energized on Feb 24, 2017)
    Panels are facing due East tilted at 21 degrees

FYI, I found a new sunpower site to get more data: https://www.sunpowermonitor.com/partner/partner.aspx
    You can login using your sunpower username/password

How has your system been working? Can you share some data?

Comment

My system was turned on Feb 27 2018 and worked fine for about 4 days then I had a red light error on one of the inverters and it was down for 9 days before that was corrected so it has been working good for two weeks now , my best production day was yesterday with 52.7 kWh. Which month did you produce 59 kWh ? and did your one year production match the estimated production ?
      Last edited by Kingram; 03-27-2018, 05:15 PM.
      9.36 grid tied, Phoenix Arizona

Comment

The best production days were in May, June and July last year.

My annual production was estimated at 11,000 kWh. My system started on Feb 24, 2017 and so it comes close to the estimation.

Are all your panels facing South?

Comment

29573220_10216026105952452_3943481640392933405_n.jpg I wish they were but I have very small roof space so the panels are divided up with 6 panels S&N and 7 panels E&W. My estimated production is 15,400 kWh

Comment

Originally posted by mshasib View Post
            Kingram
            Max kWh Produced in a day - 59 kWh
            One Year Production - 10,580 kWh in 2017 (System energized on Feb 24, 2017)
            Panels are facing due East tilted at 21 degrees

FYI, I found a new sunpower site to get more data: https://www.sunpowermonitor.com/partner/partner.aspx
            You can login using your sunpower username/password

How has your system been working? Can you share some data?
            FWIW, PVWatts suggests you ought to be producing somewhere between 11,000 and 12,000 kWh/yr. +/- some using zip 28269, 21 deg. array tilt, 90 deg. system az. and 10 % system losses.

A clear day max. around that time of year (mid March) looks to be ~ 40 kWh for daily output at that array orientation with an hourly max. output of something like approx. 6.4 kWh for both std. time hours of 9-10 and 10-11 A.M.

PVWatts has something close to your max claimed value of ~~ 59 kWh/day +/- some for a few days in June/July.

If that 10,580 kWh is on a 365 day basis and covers a year that was a bit less sunny than what the PVWatts model uses, the actual production may not be that far off given one panel looks like it has a problem, and particularly if the array is not hosed off ~ 1X/ month or so if it doesn't rain much to get the pollen/tree debris off the array such as it may accumulate.

I use that monitoring function you list for my array and get a fair amount of detail out of it about array output, voltages and current. FWIW, the monitor seems to report array output as ~ 0.5 % higher than my POCO meter would have me believe.

Comment

Mshasib, What was your production yesterday and was it a clear day ? The last two days here in Arizona it has been 70 clear and windy so the panels are running cool.

Comment

J.P.M. Thank you for that website. That helps me a lot.
                Kingram I live in Charlotte and it was a sunny day with temps around 55. My total production yesterday was 28.1 kWh

Comment

Originally posted by mshasib View Post
                  J.P.M. Thank you for that website. That helps me a lot.
                  You are most welcome.

Just keep in mind that PVWatts and other performance modeling software is only a model and that the output of the model is NOT a prediction of day/day or month/month behavior.

Actually, because the model's output is based on what's mostly synthetic weather data, it's not a prediction of anything more than it is a guess (but maybe not a bad one) of long term possible/probable annual (or consecutive 365 day) system output over many years. The longer the time period under consideration, the more likely the model's output will get to some reasonable approximation of a system's long term output about as much as an entire actual year's average ambient air temp. will match the 30 year ambient air average temp. and still have a +/- tolerance.

See the PVWatts help screens and the TMY manual for why.

Comment

Thanks for that sunpower link. I've been dying to see some stats at the per panel level of my setup. My panels are in 2 sections so I also wanted to see how that worked throughout the day. I have 20 facing east and 12 that are more south. Thanks again for that link.

Comment

Thanks for that sunpower link. I've been dying to see some stats at the per panel level of my setup. My panels are in 2 sections so I also wanted to see how that worked throughout the day. I have 20 facing east and 12 that are more south. Thanks again for that link.

Did the link work for you?

Comment

Yes. It listed my panels with serial numbers and had a graphic where they are mapped out on my roof. I was able to click on each panel to see details and the overall picture would show output from each panel.

Comment

Cool, thank you. I'm waiting on my install. bought 90 x-22-360-ac panels. about a month away from the projected install date. but was concerned about not being able to monitor all the micro inverters. Glad the link works! Thank You..

Comment

Thay would be cool to see individual panels stats I haven't figured out how to do that yet . I think you need to make a YouTube video ?

Comment

I don't think that sunpower wants us to see that info. The homeowner page is pretty generic with overall production. I just followed that link and played around with the info and the date slider along the bottom.

Comment

Is this the link you are talking about :
                                https://www.sunpowermonitor.com/partner/partner.aspx#
                                Can you post a picture of the graphic showing the panels mapped out ?

Comment

Working...
                                X