Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that SolarBridge monitoring is gone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that SolarBridge monitoring is gone...

I'm not sure what forum this goes into but it seems this is equipment related.

We installed a 10Kw system using the SolarBridge power manager. Now it seems that SolarBridge has gone out of business and remote monitoring will no longer be available.
    It is pretty easy to monitor the local management box but I know a number of people who are losing this monitoring. What I am looking for is self hosted software which would be similar to the SolarBridge Power Portal V4.0 which would allow me to monitor my own system and a few others that need to be monitored.

I've come across a few things including some arduino projects and free monitoring sites but I need to have the details that the power portal would provide to admins. All emails to SolarBridge bounce back and no one on LinkedIn responds to questions about this software.

If I've somehow hit a nerve, please feel free to contact me using private messaging otherwise, would certainly appreciate any leads.

Thank you.

You don't say what other monitoring sites you found... look at pvoutput.org and see if it does what you want.

Comment

Hi,

I didn't keep track of them, they were sites mentioned in posts I found while searching the Internet.
      However, I'm looking for something self hosted, preferably buying the SolarBridge Power Portal V4.0 software but cannot get an answer on this anywhere.

Comment

SolarBridge didn't exactly go out of business. SunPower bought them and is now using an upgraded version of the inverter in it's AC panels.

I don't know about the monitoring.

Andy

Comment

Yes, I understand this but no matter how many times I ask, they pretend not to understand that I am asking for the power portal software to manage multiple sites and not the local power manager interface. Whom ever answers their emails has played this silly game for three emails so far.

I am trying to find out where I could buy the portal software in order to manage several sites which I own. Right now, I am SOL having to check each manually.

Comment

Originally posted by LeeLewis View Post
            Yes, I understand this but no matter how many times I ask, they pretend not to understand that I am asking for the power portal software to manage multiple sites and not the local power manager interface. Whom ever answers their emails has played this silly game for three emails so far..
            So, start climbing the chain of command. Give them a call or take the hint they don't want to talk to you.

FWIW, I've found Sunpower to be not very supportive, but that's a moot point because their support people are mostly ignorant of what they are doing. If that has infected the SolarBridge operation in the takeover, it won't help.

Comment

So far, no one wants to say anything at sunpower. They just keep playing games. No matter how or what I ask, they tell me they are no longer monitoring and tell me how to access the power manager interface. Seems silly to act this way. What could they lose by being a little more understanding about the customers that were left hanging.

Comment

Good afternoon Lee. I have SolarBridge also. Can you help me do basic monitoring? I can get by with local, computer based monitoring, but when I try to access the IP address, it asks for a username and password, which I don't have. Can anyone else help with this issue? Thanks for your help. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by smithjvgen View Post
                  Good afternoon Lee. I have SolarBridge also. Can you help me do basic monitoring? I can get by with local, computer based monitoring, but when I try to access the IP address, it asks for a username and password, which I don't have. Can anyone else help with this issue? Thanks for your help. Jim
                  The default name / password is 'admin/admin' (super secure right?!)

Comment

Found this and was able to finally log into my 4KW system. It seems to be operating properly, something I have not been been able to verify since solarbridge was sold. Thanks.

Now another question: My system log indicates that information (data) is being transmitted somewhere, but it does not show where it is going. With Solarbridge no longer in existence where is it going, and for what purpose?.

Comment

Hi, sorry for never coming back, I wasn't getting any emails about replies.

I'll add what I know since we last posted in case it can help someone some day.

The admin/admin login is solely for the GUI access level to set up the inverters and monitor those and overall power generation.
                      The information is being sent to solarbridgetech.com and to theenergybridge.com, both of which are still registered but do not respond to the incoming data.

Nmap scan report for solarbridgetech.com
                      PORT STATE SERVICE
                      22/tcp open ssh
                      80/tcp open http
                      111/tcp open rpcbind
                      139/tcp open netbios-ssn
                      443/tcp open https
                      445/tcp open microsoft-ds
                      3306/tcp open mysql
                      10000/tcp open snet-sensor-mgmt

...while the theenergybridge.com responds to nothing.

The manager is running a Ubuntu system
                      (Linux sbt-5737486 2.6.31.88-SBT #147 PREEMPT Tue Nov 19 10:55:47 CST 2013 armv5tejl GNU/Linux)

All of this is pointless as what seems to have happened is that solarbridge got a lot of government money, then folded and a 'new' company bought them out for a dime on the dollar. Our tax dolalrs going to great things, corporations.

PurSolar of Prescott Valley in AZ (Original installer) left my system a mess, monitoring isn't working right, no idea which panels are which and they could care less.
                      I have a 10KW system that started failing some 3-4 years into being installed and now is barely working at all. I'll have to figure out the entire mess myself and find some way of monitoring the power generation and inverters on my own. Just need to find enough time in a day to get to that.

Comment

Their partner portal sites seem to still be up if you have a way to get flash running..

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by getting flash running? There is no flash involved in any of this.
                          Do you mean flashing the firmware? The manager is running fine. It's sending to those domains but I've got them redirected via internal DNS so I could intercept the outgoing data.

Comment

Originally posted by LeeLewis View Post
                            Hi, sorry for never coming back, I wasn't getting any emails about replies.

I'll add what I know since we last posted in case it can help someone some day.

The admin/admin login is solely for the GUI access level to set up the inverters and monitor those and overall power generation.
                            The information is being sent to solarbridgetech.com and to theenergybridge.com, both of which are still registered but do not respond to the incoming data.
                            Hey there,

Have you pulled the SD card inside the unit and had a look at the files on there?

It is pretty enlightening regarding the configurations for where data is sent, and how. I didn't dig too deep because my issue is lower level, but saw some promising information.

I would recommend imaging your SD card, backing that up, confirming you can write a new working one from that backup, then start playing

Make sure you power the unit off before opening it up, lots of exposed mains voltage in there.

Comment

Hi,

Ah, now I understand what the other comment was. I've not pulled the card because I'm already in the operating system. I see how all of the scripts run, the processes, everything running on the Ubuntu OS. Meaning, the whole thing is running. What is not happening is that the installer never matched all of the inverters with the serial numbers so the PLc information is not coming in correctly. Mainly, I was trying to get to a point where I could add/remove/edit the modules in the GUI but that's the part I don't have access for. I've not been able to find the account information stuff on the Os for that yet since I've not played with this much since posting.

Comment

Working...
                              X