Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys recommend for a small MPPT charge controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys recommend for a small MPPT charge controller?

I'm looking for a backup charge controller. I have SolarWorld SW270 watt panels (~38v @8amps) and I'm looking for a small 20 or 30 amp MPPT charge controller. I don't need anything fancy, just something that can charge a 12 volt (or maybe up to 48 volt) battery bank.

I see a lot of the cheaper Chinese controllers but am always wary about them. Any suggestions? Any opinions on the Renogy products? I already have my primary outback equipment, I'm just looking for a secondary controller as a backup.

Renogy Rover series
    EPEver Tracer Series
    Renogy Commander series
    Victron Blue Solar MPPT series
    Midnite Solar - The Kid
    Morningstar ProStar MPPT series

In rough order of increasing price and quality. After that, you are in the Outback class, Morningstar Tristar, etc.
    Last edited by sensij; 01-11-2018, 06:37 PM.
    CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

I have used, like (sensij) has mentioned, the EPEver tracer series with absolutely no issues, NO destroyed batteries (unlike before on pwm) and a very relaible system. Hope that helps. Been running strong for years now.
      Last edited by watt0125; 01-18-2018, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Ive used the epever tracer bn series. Have not had a problem with it. The Morningstar line is bomb proof. Highly recommended. Ive used their sun saver pwm series for over a decade and their mppt products are just as good.

Comment

Working...
        X