X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macaddict
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2017

Originally posted by liquix
    Thank you very much for these instructions. I just had a question on hooking up power to the wattnode. Here is a picture of my panel, which breaker would be best to tie the power into?

I added a new double pole circuit breaker for the watt node. I do not believe you are allowed to have 2 wires coming out of the same breaker.
    https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=59404

Comment

• liquix
      • Apr 2019

Ah, got it. Thank you!

Comment

• mervinj7
        • May 2018

Originally posted by macaddict
        Sorry it took so long. Totally forgot to take the pictures until today.

Here is my complete setup:
        macaddict, where did you get the enclosure you put the wattnode into? It looks like a great size.

Comment

• macaddict
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jun 2017

Originally posted by mervinj7

macaddict, where did you get the enclosure you put the wattnode into? It looks like a great size.
          I just found it in Home Depot or Lowe's.

Comment

• olly
            • Aug 2019

I installed a Wattnode meter this weekend but something isn't right on the SolarEdge portal - the meter is working correctly and sending the data to the inverter, the live data works properly and updates every few seconds but every 3 hours or so the monitoring portal seems to throw away the collected import/export data that produces the graph and starts again, then the cycle repeats.

Has anybody else had this and if so have I missed a setting somewhere?
            Last edited by olly; 09-09-2019, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• macaddict
              Solar Fanatic
              • Jun 2017

Originally posted by olly
              I installed a Wattnode meter this weekend but something isn't right on the SolarEdge portal - the meter is working correctly and sending the data to the inverter, the live data works properly and updates every few seconds but every 3 hours or so the monitoring portal seems to throw away the collected import/export data that produces the graph and starts again, then the cycle repeats.

Has anybody else had this and if so have I missed a setting somewhere?
              May be worth chatting with SE support to have them check all the settings from the back-end.

For reference, this is how my config looks like:
              SEConfig.PNG

Comment

• olly
                • Aug 2019

Thanks, I can't see the Admin page on the SE monitoring portal as my installer hasn't given me access... that's another battle.

I think I may have solved the problem though, Energy Manager was disabled which apparently needs to be turned on (with no export limit set) for it to send the data properly, I've just turned it on so will see if that fixes the problem.

Comment

• FogHill
                  • Feb 2018

Energy Manager was disabled which apparently needs to be turned on (with no export limit set) for it to send the data properly
                  Where did you do this? I see references in the manuals to Energy Manager but not how it is enabled and configured.

Comment

• olly
                    • Aug 2019

Originally posted by FogHill
                    Where did you do this? I see references in the manuals to Energy Manager but not how it is enabled and configured.
                    This post - #28 has the information.

I'm not totally convinced that was my issue though, it carried on throwing away the consumption data for another day or so but then suddenly started working properly and has been working fine for the past week.

Comment

• FogHill
                      • Feb 2018

This post - #28 has the information.

I'm not totally convinced that was my issue though, it carried on throwing away the consumption data for another day or so but then suddenly started working properly and has been working fine for the past week.
                      Thanks. I do not see Power Control as an option on my unit. SE7600, CPU firmware 3.2221.0
                      Found it: cover off 4-button entry access only
                      Last edited by FogHill; 09-17-2019, 02:16 PM. Reason: update

Comment

• BobE
                        • Aug 2019

"as a warning to others The solar edge installation guide for the meter is out of date for the newer HD inverters, this caused me 2 hours of pulling my hair out trying to figure why it was not communication to the inverter.

After some digging I found an updated (Europe guide) https://www.solaredge.com/sites/defa...ge-devices.pdf it calls out three difeernt things than the older US guide does:
                        1. on page 4 it calls out that wires for a wattnode install bust be reversed at the inverter B-A and A-B."

I know this is an old post, but it really saved me today. I wasted a lot of time trying to solve my communication issue. Glad I saw this!

Comment

• blueman2
                          • Sep 2019

Originally posted by weather spotter
                          ... my only issue was my export and import data was backwards. I checked my CT clamps and they were positioned with the "this side to grid" pointing to the grid,but since my data was backwards I flipped them and then my data was correct..
                          I just installed this meter. CT clamps are installed on the 2 hot wires coming from the POCO (post POCO meter). I put the arrows facing the POCO meter as indicated by the instructions and the label on the CTs. However, I am getting negative energy reading when power flows from POCO to my house (CT LEDS flash red). When my solar is turned on and producing more energy than I am using, they flash green. Is that backwards? @weather spotter, is this what you saw when you first installed?

Simple enough for me to just reverse the +/- on the CTs to make it right, but I wanted to check.

Comment

• weather spotter
                            • Jul 2018

Yes that is the exact same thing I had, just swap the clamps and it should be correct.

Comment

• SunEagle
                              Super Moderator
                              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by blueman2

I just installed this meter. CT clamps are installed on the 2 hot wires coming from the POCO (post POCO meter). I put the arrows facing the POCO meter as indicated by the instructions and the label on the CTs. However, I am getting negative energy reading when power flows from POCO to my house (CT LEDS flash red). When my solar is turned on and producing more energy than I am using, they flash green. Is that backwards? @weather spotter, is this what you saw when you first installed?

Simple enough for me to just reverse the +/- on the CTs to make it right, but I wanted to check.
                              Yep they are backwards. Funny usually the manual with the CT's should the arrow pointing to the Load and not the Source.

Comment

• blueman2
                                • Sep 2019

Thanks guys! Rather than reverse the clamp direction, I just swapped the black and white wires on each CT. The reading are now showing up on my phone SetApp program and exactly match what my PGE meter is saying. Best $70 investment I have made in a while buying that Wattnode meter! Very cool.
                                Last edited by blueman2; 10-18-2019, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...