No announcement yet.

Help with installed solar array

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luckily, only one of the Charge Controllers failed and one of the DC-to-AC Inverters failed.
    And then by "jumpering" the the two battery banks together, they kept the system "functional".
    If two Charge Controllers or two DC-to-AC Inverters had failed, that would have been catastrophic.

That "parallel jumper" between the two battery banks is a "band-aid" solution, at best.
    The Right-Side battery bank is getting pounded down by the DC-to-AC Inverter,
    while the Left-Side battery bank is getting more than its fair share from the Charge Controller.
    Measuring the SG's will be very revealing.
    Last edited by NEOH; 09-22-2017, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I could see the left inverter and right charge controller were decommissioned. I was frankly scared to look at the batteries in any detail after the 'tapping 12 VDC out of the middle' comment. Figured it made more sense to not assume and just go by the text: batteries wired to 24V, 2 inverters (3.8 kW mentioned twice...) 2 charge controllers, etc.

Comment

Good Morning All

I have attached pictures of how I left this installation with some picture of the mppt display at the time I was there. I am returning November 1, and will do the proper site survey with measurement. I need to go on the roof and look at the connection.

Neoh is right on the money regarding this installation, tough there are parts of his response that I am not sure if I understand. Also the shunts where disconnrted.I am also looking for a possible manual for this equipments. I am using an outback manual which I think is pretty close to the MPPT i got. The two photos are from those two wave inverter.

Thank you guys for your help

Andre

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by adionne View Post
          The two photos are from those two wave inverter.
          Seems to be of the ChargeController not the inverter. The Wave charge controller seems to be fairly close to the OutBack 80A charge controller FlexMax80
          The Inverter is the ProTrace.
          OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Working...
          X