SolarEdge Cellular Monitoring Kit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodworkerii
    • Jun 2017

A BIG thanks to sensij & JSchnee21 for your help. You guys gave me confidence to open up that shiny new inverter and make the change from cellular to LAN. Very easy. I had to cut off and crimp a new RJ45 plug onto the network cable because the plug wouldn't fit through the (stucco) wall grommet nor the cable "gland" (why do they call it that?) on the bottom of the inverter. I did leave the cellular modem connected though. Changed the server settings to LAN/port 502 (DHCP), Got the "11111111" and it seems to be working well. I'm now getting immediate updates every 15-minutes. Much better than those data batches every 4-hours. As for granularity, how do I enable 5-minute reports?

Comment

• jasonvr
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Woodworkerii
      A BIG thanks to sensij & JSchnee21 for your help. You guys gave me confidence to open up that shiny new inverter and make the change from cellular to LAN. Very easy. I had to cut off and crimp a new RJ45 plug onto the network cable because the plug wouldn't fit through the (stucco) wall grommet nor the cable "gland" (why do they call it that?) on the bottom of the inverter. I did leave the cellular modem connected though. Changed the server settings to LAN/port 502 (DHCP), Got the "11111111" and it seems to be working well. I'm now getting immediate updates every 15-minutes. Much better than those data batches every 4-hours. As for granularity, how do I enable 5-minute reports?
      gland2
      ɡland/
      noun
      noun: gland; plural noun: glands
      1. a sleeve used to produce a seal around a piston rod or other shaft.
      As far as not being able to get the cable with RJ45 into the gland, you need to disassemble the entire gland and one of the large ports in the rubber piece has a slit on the side that you slide the cable thru

Comment

Working...