Try our solar cost and savings calculator
Uploading net meter to pvoutput to get consumption.
Collapse
X
-
You need to figure out how to access the non-visible internal counters instead. More info at your thread on that subject.I am going to use a Raspberry Pi. I don't expect the software to work without custom scripts. I will report back if I get it working.
New problem though - my utility meter is on 00000 and won't see to go to negative values. So that sort of throws a wrench in getting actual data, not to mention credit for my power production.Leave a comment:
-
Good luck! I was running on a linux desktop, so the situation was similar. If you run into trouble wrangling the software, let me know, maybe I can help somehow.
Leave a comment:
-
I am going to use a Raspberry Pi. I don't expect the software to work without custom scripts. I will report back if I get it working.
New problem though - my utility meter is on 00000 and won't see to go to negative values. So that sort of throws a wrench in getting actual data, not to mention credit for my power production.Leave a comment:
-
I did try a similar unit, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JQZU1ZO, to read a water meter remotely,
but the software was... unripe. Hope you have better luck!Leave a comment:
-
Uploading net meter to pvoutput to get consumption.
My home smartmeter meter is a net meter and so shows net usage. Can Pvoutput be configured to deal with that and combine it properly with my SolarEdge production to determine consumption?
I plan to use a software defined radio to read the RF transmissions from my GYR Focus meter and then upload CSV to pvoutput. Anyone else do this yet? The radio receiver is only $25 with the antenna and plugs into USB on a computer.
This SDR on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/zn4dnag
[BeMasher] was dissatisfied with the cost of other solutions to read his smart meter, so he made a project to read it himself using an rtl-sdr dongle. Using his hacking and reverse engineering skil…
You can read your water meter also:
Over on YouTube a talk about decoding water and electricity usage meters with an RTL-SDR has been uploaded from the 2015 Camp++ conference in Hungary. The presenter, Stef writes: Budapest public utilities started to roll out some new metering devices for water and heating (at least in my block). The plumbers who should install these could not tell me about the privacy protections considered, as I was a bit worried about the things leaking information over radio-waves, so I built a radio and reversed the messages. The talk shows how the presenter was able to reverse engineer the FSK wireless protocolLast edited by rsilvers; 09-03-2016, 02:43 PM.
Copyright © 2014 SolarReviews All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 6.1.3
Copyright © 2026 MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2026 MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All rights reserved.
All times are GMT-5. This page was generated at 03:32 AM.
Leave a comment: