X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sunking
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by somawheels
    I would have 24V panels wired in parallel, each panel outputs 8.46 amps (max).
    Then you are a fool throwing money AWAY. Wire the panels in series and get a good MPPT charge controller. With a good MPPT Controller you could have got the same amount of charge power with 1/3 less of the panels. It would have been much less expensive than what you have done.

You have a lot to learn.

What the heck are you going to do with a Shunt? A Shunt is used to measure current.
    Last edited by Sunking; 07-01-2016, 07:28 PM.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

• somawheels
      • Jan 2015

Everyone says buy a good MPPT charge controller. More efficient and allows more flexible PV VOC. All sounds so great.
      When buying cheap product of dubious quality, some judgment is required. In the case of trustworthy brands, yes of course I would get an MPPT.

I haven't found many reviews/advice on the model I bought, but I haven't found anything terribly against it. I take a risk. I most probably reduce that risk by Buying PWM chargers.

What do I know...

"shunt regulator diverts excess electricity to an auxiliary or "shunt"" That's the kind of thing that got me looking at shunts... they're called shunt regulators, so I start blathering about shunts.

Comment

• Sunking
        Solar Fanatic
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by somawheels
        What do I know...

"shunt regulator diverts excess electricity to an auxiliary or "shunt"" That's the kind of thing that got me looking at shunts... they're called shunt regulators, so I start blathering about shunts.
        Not much because you have no clue what a Shunt Regulator is. What you are asking for is a Diversion (Dump) Load.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...