Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mirroring/intercepting SunPower Monitoring Traffic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmmmmm, so I wrote up this reply but it showed as awaiting approval. Maybe because I included an imgur link to a screenshot of my current code working? Anyways, wanted to let you guys know I updated my GitHub project with new, working code based on the direct querying of the SP supervisor.

Comment

• Originally posted by ehampshire View Post
      Hmmmmmm, so I wrote up this reply but it showed as awaiting approval. Maybe because I included an imgur link to a screenshot of my current code working? Anyways, wanted to let you guys know I updated my GitHub project with new, working code based on the direct querying of the SP supervisor.
      posts with more than 1 link, get held for moderation, we released it.
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Hi Eric. Because I am unable to intercept traffic from my supervisor, I decided to go the monitor.us.sunpower.com API route that Jeff Kowalski implemented. I have branched it and am doing a Python implementation of the capture part. I have the capture largely done, now working on the visualization / reporting. I will post repo link once done - hopefully later this week. I like your graphics.

I can't recall whether you said what firmware you are on. Did you say? I am on Version 2018.4, Build 1092

I won't have the per-panel data which is too bad but I don't think i have a micro-inverter (or do I, i have one? SMA 3800 TL). We only have 12 panels, small 3.9 kW system.

Comment

• Originally posted by cord_thomas View Post
          Hi Eric. Because I am unable to intercept traffic from my supervisor, I decided to go the monitor.us.sunpower.com API route that Jeff Kowalski implemented. I have branched it and am doing a Python implementation of the capture part. I have the capture largely done, now working on the visualization / reporting. I will post repo link once done - hopefully later this week. I like your graphics.

I can't recall whether you said what firmware you are on. Did you say? I am on Version 2018.4, Build 1092

I won't have the per-panel data which is too bad but I don't think i have a micro-inverter (or do I, i have one? SMA 3800 TL). We only have 12 panels, small 3.9 kW system.
          If you hook a Raspberry Pi (or any computer really) up to the installer port on your supervisor, you can use the same direct query method I use and skip the SunPower portal entirely. They are getting the individual panel data, they just aren't exposing it. I would love to see what you came up with, I wasn't sure what to do for visualization, so I kind of just copied the SunPower site as a challenge. Can slice/dice the data however I want, but my help page does show how to layout your panels like they are on your roof (and my page is laid out that way).

I forget how to get my supervisor version - remind me?

Comment

• Looks like I'm still on Version 5.0.0, Build 325

I've complete forgot how I query the device for that, but browsing through the setup pages gives it to me. It also notes there's a firmware update available, downloads it, and "succeeds" on install. Of course, going back to that webpage shows it's still on the same version. So, I guess I'm lucky that it can't update past it? Sorry, maybe my updated scripts won't actually work for people past that firmware version.

Comment

• Ok, my supervisor did update, but my code still works. Thought I'd update the thread to say that. I'm now on Version 2018.5, Build 2041

Comment

Working...
              X