Panels mounted to a Fence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ampster View Post
    I had problems using that calculator so I'm sorry that I am not much help in answering your original question. I hope my questions helped clarify the installation so that some one with access to another calculator might be able to answer your query.

I know that there is a tendency on forums to ignore a poster's original assumptions but I have one outside the box idea. Have you looked at one row of about 30 panels landscape with another 6 or 10 panels below those on optimizers. It would take more than the above model to see if that might be an optimal site configuration. In the winter you could have no shading. In the summer when there is lots of shading on the bottom row the increased productivity of the upper panels might compensate. You could use PV Watts to model some scenerios.
    Another option to think about. It looks like there are 2 homes just to the West that have panels on their southern exposure roof. Maybe the OP can use his roof for some of the panels and not put all of them on the ground.

Comment

I have a shed in the corner of my yard that has 2 homemade panels that I was testing. Their are no other panels on houses in this neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by wardneal View Post
        I have a shed in the corner of my yard that has 2 homemade panels that I was testing. Their are no other panels on houses in this neighborhood.
        Either I am looking at the wrong address or Google Earth is wrong. But it is showing 2 houses on Summer Lane with solar panels which are just a couple blocks to your west.

Comment

Ampster that is a good ideal I could have a row of 10 panels with an 80 degree angle and then I would have room for the lower row to be at 40 degrees or less depending on the 2 foot gap to the property line. I will play with those numbers and see what that will do for my spacing.

Comment

Thanks. I didn't respond to your other thread about inverter choices because , if you are using a string inverter, a lot depends on your array configuration . My only experience is with Outback and Solaredge. I did purchase some Tigo optimizers to use with mybOutback inverter string. I believe Tigo was purchased by SMA.
            Last edited by Ampster; 03-05-2019, 09:58 AM.
            9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Ok I got the project done. Here are a couple of pictures. 26 panels 325 w each with tigo optimizer and a 7000 sunny boy inverter.

IMG_20190502_143330311.jpgIMG_20190502_143251976.jpg
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X