No announcement yet.

Large-Scale installation Single-Line Electrical diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JPM our electrical system in the USA is not perfect, but our codes are second to none. Goberment has no input on codes, they just enforce them. Codes are made by pros. However since we were first to electrify we chose a very poor voltage to make Edison very rich and the largest manufacture in the world called GE. Morgan bought Edison out and put him out of biz. Anyway we started with 110 because that is what Edison's Light Bulb required.

Today we use 250/125 standard which is piss poor but no way out of it. 125 volts is unbalanced, noisy, and dangerous. Sure you could wire your home for 250 volt circuits which is fine for HVAC, ovens, and water heaters. Good luck finding any 240 volt gizmo's in the USA to plug in and use. You would have to import from Europe.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

I'd say they have bigger problems than a missing hand or feet. Copper thefts probably went way down in that area after this event.
      2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

And that, folks, is why we love Sunking and his photo gallery. Here - hold my beer and watch this .......
        Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
        || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
        || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
        gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by Mike90250 View Post
          And that, folks, is why we love Sunking and his photo gallery. Here - hold my beer and watch this .......
          Sorry, wrong thread, moved it.
          MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by brewbeer View Post
            My guess is the OP isn't working on a system to be built in the US.
            This project was in East-Africa.

The thread can be closed or deleted if you want.
            Thanks to those who participated, they have helped me in a different way.than expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Apellidos View Post

This project was in East-Africa.

The thread can be closed or deleted if you want.
              Thanks to those who participated, they have helped me in a different way.than expected.
              Good luck. Stay curious.

Comment

The way the project was designed sounds more appropriate for where it is to be implemented.

Comment

Working...
                X