X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inetdog
    Super Moderator
    • May 2012

Originally posted by Hayre86
    Hey guys, can someone please tell me where I can post a new question, this site is impossible for me right now lol. I can't seem to find a place to post except a random persons page. I'm sorry for jumping in, please do forgive me
    Click the Solar Panel Forums link in the menu bar at the top of the page.
    Find the topic which seems to be the best match to your question or concern and go to it.
    At the top left of the listing of threads (called Topics) you will see a link to create a new topic. Use it to bring up a form to enter your new post to start a new thread.
    NOTE: If your post has any URL links in it, it will not show up immediately after you Save or Post it. It will have to be approved by a Moderator first.
    Please be patient as we work to fight spam while causing the least possible inconvenience to our members.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• quicksilver8907
      • Feb 2014

So as soon as I sign the removal agreement apparently they are going to schedule a mutually agreeable date to remove them. It is an 8.5 kw system on a shingle roof and the conduit runs along underneath the eaves. The lease they want me to sign would be $130 a month with a 3% increase a year, but really doesn't make sense for me. Before we had the solar turned on in the spring when temps where i live were in the 80s. Our electric bill was only like $60-80 a month. So hard to justify paying $130. Our summer bills will probably be high in the $200-300 range, but i would basically be breaking even. So after they come remove it, they patch and seal all the holes and I have 48 hours to have it inspected and file any claims for any other damages. What other damages should I look for with the removal. I know that the house will probably need new stucco/paint where all the conduit ran and where the inverter sat on the wall. I am also planning on having the roof re inspected. What else should I look for? Thanks for all the help on this site.

Comment

• J.P.M.
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by quicksilver8907
        So as soon as I sign the removal agreement apparently they are going to schedule a mutually agreeable date to remove them. It is an 8.5 kw system on a shingle roof and the conduit runs along underneath the eaves. The lease they want me to sign would be $130 a month with a 3% increase a year, but really doesn't make sense for me. Before we had the solar turned on in the spring when temps where i live were in the 80s. Our electric bill was only like $60-80 a month. So hard to justify paying $130. Our summer bills will probably be high in the $200-300 range, but i would basically be breaking even. So after they come remove it, they patch and seal all the holes and I have 48 hours to have it inspected and file any claims for any other damages. What other damages should I look for with the removal. I know that the house will probably need new stucco/paint where all the conduit ran and where the inverter sat on the wall. I am also planning on having the roof re inspected. What else should I look for? Thanks for all the help on this site.
        Not sure it's the best idea, but running a bunch of water on the worked on area might be one way to spot leaks before you sign off. You can bet that the contract for removal didn't go to the highest bidder.

Add: in the meantime, if the system looks decent, offer them a $5K cash buyout, including dealer prep/title/taxes/mats & a tank of gas driveoff and see what happens. Nothing to lose.
        Last edited by J.P.M.; 07-31-2016, 10:40 PM. Reason: Added add.

Comment

• quicksilver8907
          • Feb 2014

So I did actually offer them $4000 as purchase or prepaid lease and they refused. They said they would only take $16,000 as a prepaid lease which is way too high for me. Considering I could probably buy a band new system for not much more after incentives.

Comment

• J.P.M.
            Solar Fanatic
            • Aug 2013

So I did actually offer them $4000 as purchase or prepaid lease and they refused. They said they would only take $16,000 as a prepaid lease which is way too high for me. Considering I could probably buy a band new system for not much more after incentives.
            Understood. Yea, $16K for a used system is a rip off. SolarCity, Vivant, Sunrun or someone local ?

Comment

• quicksilver8907
              • Feb 2014

All I will say is it's one of the big companies. I was holding out hope that they wouldn't actually remove it since it has been 4 years since they received any payments on it.

Comment

• J.P.M.
                Solar Fanatic
                • Aug 2013

All I will say is it's one of the big companies. I was holding out hope that they wouldn't actually remove it since it has been 4 years since they received any payments on it.
                I'd sit on the roof & watch if they do actually show up, but I'm still a bit skeptical they actually will, especially after 4 years. I'd be interested as to how this all works out. Thanx for the update.

Comment

• nevetsyad
                  • Aug 2016

They'll remove it and install it on someone else's roof and charge them $130 per month for it. Do they guarantee that they're installing all new components?

Comment

• quicksilver8907
                    • Feb 2014

They called today and scheduled a date.

Comment

• nevetsyad
                      • Aug 2016

Is it gone? No offer made?

Comment

Working...