Cost to fix roof after solar removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost to fix roof after solar removal?

I know this may not be the best place to ask this question, but I know you guys know a lot more than me about the installation process. I want to get an estimate on what it would cost a solar company to come and remove 36 panels and fix the roof and rest of the house that was affected by the solar install. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gonna have to know a lot more details before commenting....
    BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

What details would be helpful?

Comment

I guess this is a followup to this thread?

https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum...ar-array/page2

If you can post some pictures of the installation, that might help.
        CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Why are you removing solar panels? Solar panels are so beneficial in all ways.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentEMarvin View Post
            See his previous thread, which I linked in a post that is now flagged for approval. (Seriously admins? You can't even allow links to your own site? Find someone who knows what they are doing to fix this). It is a lease with unfavorable terms, removing it really may be the best option if the leasing company has been unreasonable.

Comment

Yeah it is kind of a follow up to that. Nothing has been done yet. I just wanted to get a rough idea of what it would cost them to fix my roof and then there is conduit running all along the house to the inverter on the back wall etc. I will try and get some pictures when I have a chance.

Comment

I'm happy to provide details just don't know what information you need to give me a rough estimate?

Comment

I think it depends on how comprehensively you want stuff removed ... e.g. simply getting panels off the roof can be done somewhere in the neighborhood of $300..$500. If you want panels shipped off the property, add another $200. If you want them to disconnect the solar circuit from the mains, at least another $100, maybe more. If you want them to remove the mounting hardware and patch holes, now we are talking big money.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentEMarvin View Post
                    Maybe the panels will be changed to a ground mount? Remember shipping some panels isn't completely
                    trivial, for them to arrive in good shape. Follow practices normally used, which is a good skid, and interlocking
                    spacers at the corners that keep the successive panels from sliding around. I have a couple barrels of these
                    spacers, which are available to someone who really needs them. Bruce Roe

Comment

I am looking for a number on what it would cost the solar company to remove all the panels, mounting hardware, inverter, remove all the conduit and fix the roof to how it was before they were installed?

Comment

Originally posted by quicksilver8907 View Post
                        I am looking for a number on what it would cost the solar company to remove all the panels, mounting hardware, inverter, remove all the conduit and fix the roof to how it was before they were installed?
                        I suppose it will depend on the type of roof. If it was my flat roof, I'd probably insist they leave the mounts undisturbed rather than remove them and patch all the holes. A tile roof would require complete removal of the mounts and then proper roof patching and probable replacement of some tiles. Getting rid of wall conduit might require repainting to eliminate any marking by the conduit. I could easily see several thousand bucks effort involved.

Comment

Originally posted by quicksilver8907 View Post
                          Solar panel installation (or removal) can range anywhere from trivial to highly complicated. There is no answer possible to your question without more information about how the panels are mounted, how the wiring was run, your roof construction, and a whole bunch of other details. As suggested earlier, pictures will help, but you're really going to need to get someone out on site to quote it for a reliable answer.

Comment

Hey guys, can someone please tell me where I can post a new question, this site is impossible for me right now lol. I can't seem to find a place to post except a random persons page. I'm sorry for jumping in, please do forgive me

Comment

It costs according to the power usage over the whole day, price may be vary according to the per watt for the solar panels.

Comment

Working...
                              X